Exactimate

SFC

that doesn't seem like to enough business to buy a complicated program. And it doesn't sound like you are bidding on a lot of large complicated jobs. I would set up a little spread sheet, define my total costs per job and base an estimate on that.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Xactimate is 1600 for the year. So if you do 50k of water damage work. Exactimate would take 3.2% of your earnings.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have had a few problems with adjusters using Bluebook. I have always got paid in full, it just seems to go faster if they are billed with Exactimate. My equipment is all paid for so I don't go looking for the restoration work, I mostly work for existing customers. We do a couple nice jobs a year, would do more but dealing with the insurance adjusters is a pita.

G

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
I get it for free. :)

Same here. My father bought it and used it starting in the early 90's and they promised him (which they are keeping) that we never need to rent the program. My father retired in 2002 and I took over the rights, and I currently use Xactimate 2001, and primarily use it for remodeling work. I can download updated pricing whenever necessary with no fees. If and when I get back into insurance work, I'll purchase whatever the latest version is at that time.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
ron this is an idea
send somebody one of your most recent jobs invoices
and have them run it on excitmate
see which comes out the best u may be suprised
let us know what the outcome is
the program may make ya money be interesting to find out

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ErictheRed said:
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
I get it for free. :)

Same here. My father bought it and used it starting in the early 90's and they promised him (which they are keeping) that we never need to rent the program. My father retired in 2002 and I took over the rights, and I currently use Xactimate 2001, and primarily use it for remodeling work. I can download updated pricing whenever necessary with no fees. If and when I get back into insurance work, I'll purchase whatever the latest version is at that time.

ummmmm........... does it come with multiple tokens?? meaning use on more than one computer. it costs me about 120/mo mine comes with 2 tokens but I only use it on one computer, if you do 50k in restoration work, I still think its worth it, because if you really know how to use it, making enough extra to more than pay for the program is no problem, in most cases.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
If you like to have someone else tell you how to do your work and how much to charge for it then it is a great idea. But, if you want to own your own operation then no.
Al

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I had a friend run some, and it did seem to have enough additional fees that help to off set the cost. I have never rented anything and would feel better if I could just purchase it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom