Epoxy floors streaking

Michael L

Name
Michael L
About to start maintaining the floors to a brewery. The last staff was mopping the floors with something that leaves streaks that's their main issue. I was planning to simply wet the floor with neutral cleaner and auto scrub. Would this do the trick to remove the streaking that is on the floors

20180810_172919.jpg

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Michael, try spritzing some distilled water and wiping it up. If the dots disappear, then yes, use a neutral cleaner.

BUT: if you have a lot of mineralization, you will need good clean water and use a minimal amount of cleaner in it.

This will seem odd, but I keep a couple of five gallon jugs full of water from my dehumidifier. It is distilled, free and available for when I need it. A kittle goes a long way.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The last staff was mopping the floors with something that leaves streaks that's their main issue

Just mop with distilled water? Or use the autoscrubber with nothing but distilled?

This and your other thread......you're new at this, huh?
(no shame in that BTW)

are the "staff" you mentioned their own in-house people?
That looks like typical staff mop jobs of singing dirty mop water around the joint.

Looks to me it just needs cleaned and rinsed right

Bet if you went behind their mop slop job with a damp microfiber towel and some elbow grease on a sq ft section, the towel be dirty as hell and there wouldn't be any streaks in that sq ft

..L.T.A

Reactions: Fat Mike

Michael L

Name
Michael L
We've been doing alot of stripping and waxing of vct but not much maintenance of epoxy floors. In regards to the last post. We've been stripping with just autoscrubbers and side by side but we've recently purchased a propane stripper machine and apparently the brushes that it came with are way to aggressive for colored tile. We use diversey pro strip

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
apparently the brushes that it came with are way to aggressive for colored tile

did you get that squared away to the custy's satisfaction?
(without losing your azz on it hopefully)

as far as the floor in this thread...it just needs cleaned and rinsed right …
shouldn't be all that big a challenge to get the dirty mop slop residue off

..LT.A.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Michael L

Name
Michael L
We Stripped it again and hit it with 3 Coats sealer and 3 Coats of finish and it blended it in another for them to pay and to offer me more work. I figured it wouldn't be too much to get the The residue up I just wanted to sell the manager on having me auto scrub the floors weekly or monthly lol

FredC

Village Idiot
We Stripped it again and hit it with 3 Coats sealer and 3 Coats of finish and it blended it in another for them to pay and to offer me more work. l
So....you didn’t take the color off with a propane buffer

You just improperly stripped and finished it the first time

Any pics of this “blending “?

Michael L

Name
Michael L
We didnt "improperly strip". The brushes on the propane stripper machine are to aggressive is what seems to be the issue.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We didnt "improperly strip". The brushes on the propane stripper machine are to aggressive is what seems to be the issue.

donno about all that, Pard'ner
sure looked like uneven strip to me .
stripped sterile/bare on all the high spots with sealer/finish left in low spots

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's not uncommon for your drive block to warp over time. Even though you think you are doing a thorough job, you are missing half of the floor. I had a similar situation and I knew the drive blocked was warped, I could feel it but I thought multiple passes would solve the problem. Nope, I replaced the drive block and the floor stripped normally.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
There is a way to get these lumpy floors and that is a CRB with pickup. My Duplex 420 scrounges the gunk right up. However the drawback is that it needs to be sprayed clean within 30 minutes of stopping work.
No problem with a WORX sprayer.
The difference is that the brushes conform to the surface whereas a scrub pad can ride the high spots.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Would think a simple prespray and rinse using vinegar as a rinse agent thru a tile wand would do it. Don't think I would strip and recoat an epoxy floor. But what do I know?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Would think a simple prespray and rinse using vinegar as a rinse agent thru a tile wand would do it. Don't think I would strip and recoat an epoxy floor. But what do I know?

that floor ain't sheeit
it's dirty water slop mopping is all

the dude hasn't been back since 8-13 .
which is a shame...….cause my spidy senses has him pegged as an inexperienced rookie trying to do the right thing and any info/guidance he's finding locally is wrong
(evidenced by someone telling him color can be scrubbed off VCT)

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom