encap in a pre-scrub

donkc_29

I work for a strictly commercial carpet cleaning company and we use mostlya low moisture cleaning method,encapsoil- guard made by polymer conceptsapplied using a cimex machine. my question to you is that we recentlystarted incorporating this encap into our prescrub(we also use the cimexmachine to apply our prescrub whenever extraction is nessecary) this is amixture of 25% encap to 75% grease gone(grease gone is a powderedprespay/prescrub solution with a ph of 11).They say that the benifit ofthis will be that it will produce a dry foam not saturating the carpet asmuch and will keep the soil at the fibers not through the backing. I knowthat encap was not designed for this purpose.I personally feel that it willleave more of a residue but they say it doesn't , that it is nuetral in phand dries in a crystalline form.any thoughts on this process would be muchappreciated thanks so much! donkc_29@hotmail.com

ksokalski

When I prescrub with my cimex before extraction I will typically put some encap in the solution as the "foaming"/soil suspending abilities will keep the mix from just soaking all of the way through.

I imagine that you can achieve the same results with another high foaming chem, but the encap solution will not clog up the vac lines either.

Kris

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Since there is NO method called ENCAPSULATION what you are doing is the old method of
SHAMPOO and RINSE or extraction.

Remember the term "ENCAPSULATION" is just the new age term for SHAMPOO.
Invented by chem makers to sell more juice.

If you really think about it if you would dry out 8 oz of your SHAMPOO and then imagine the "Crystals" spread out over a thousand sq ft. Then in your own mind question how the little amount of "Crystals" which is in the form of a DUST can possibly eNcaPSuLATE ANYTHING.

What it really does is provide you with a positive residue that doesn't contribute to resoil.
But if all you do is scrub and run the residue will build up.

You can prolong the time for this intermediate method by actual removal of some soil by BONNET or HWE.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'm sorry man but your bosses are carpetards. They are probably ruining the chemistry of the encapsulate & probably just creating a bunch of foam that is just weakening your vacuum.

Back
Top Bottom