emulsifier rinse mix

Bob Foster

All I want to use is good prespray and I love my Judson O2 system. But I am trying to use up my old inventory of pre-sprays and spotters. I can't believe how much crap I have. So on the B jobs I'm mixing up quite the cocktail of monkey piss.

I came across this 1/3 full bucket of Esteam Performance CBS. As I recall I was talked into this as a good substitute for Magic Wandcos Powdered Power. As I recall that turned out to be BS. So I thought I would do a little experiment on some nasties and use a small amount of emulsifier in my rinse tank. I'm still using my O2 prespray too.

In a 150 gallon rinse tank how much Esteam CBS powder would you toss in there?

What reason would you want to run an emulsifier in a rinse anyway if you use presprays? Someone once told me it softens the water a bit but I'm skeptical of that reasoning.

http://www.esteam.com/cms_files/1205858 ... ncecbs.pdf
http://www.esteam.com/cms_files/1214521 ... nceCBS.pdf

Greenie

only one reason....additional cleaning punch.

Save it for your restaurants.

As I recall that is one of Esteems better chems.

Name
Jesse
Personally, 8-10oz. Using that little does clean well and isn't going to amount to much on the fiber. If you test your ph out of the wand you'll likely be at 7ish.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I put about 8oz of CBS in the 5 gal mix jug, then meter it at about 1gal/min.
I use it only on the trashed jobs and restys that need a little extra kick

I used to put about a cup in my 200gal fw tank on the BIg Red , it did soften the water and gives that little bit of extra cleaning power. There's so little in the rinse water that there's hardly anything left on the carpet.

Bob Foster

I tried it on Saturday's restaurant. It seemed to work well. I had some left over from the restaurant so I used in a condo today and I think I could see a difference.

CleanEvo

I used to always use an acid rinse with my pre-spray. Then when I was "cleaning the closet", I was using all the old samples and stuff i'd tried, that's when i first tried using an emulsifier for rinse with pre-spray and it worked awesome. Then I posted it here and a lot of other guys mentioned that they have been doing it for a long time and it works well.

I have soft water here, so I mix the pre-spary a little lighter than recommded. I mix the emulsifier 1/2 strength and meter it at 2 GPH. Works great, cleans way better than before. I've been back to some places I've done and the carpet is soft and doesn't feel like it has any major residue. I did my own carpets as well and they have performed very well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
What reason would you want to run an emulsifier in a rinse anyway if you use presprays? Someone once told me it softens the water a bit but I'm skeptical of that reasoning.

don't know anything about the chem you mentioned.

but in "general"..

emulsifiers "condition" the water.
it enables you to flush/rinse better than water alone

It's always been my contention that the biggest and loudest proponents of "clear water rinse only" are those that don't have a reliable juice dispensing apparatus

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I like running an emulsifier on commercial, it seems to leave a more uniform appearance and will usually help take care of any post spotting. For residential, I still use an extraction detergent, but it's MB soapfree, so I dunno if that counts in your opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom