Email going to clients' spam folder. Anything I can do?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Some, not all, of my email go to the client's spam folder.
I know some of it depends on their service provider's spam software. However, I was told that it also has to do with my service provider and the server they have my email on.

Is that true?
Is there something I can do to reduce the chance my emails will go to their spam folder?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Who is your email through? Check the domain DNS settings for an SPF record. If it is missing, that's a common culprit.

Reactions: ruff

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Is this when you reply from the contact form on your website by any chance? I had that problem and made their phone number a required field so that I could call them if the email was sent back. Our local university blocks all my emails so if people if the UNC employees email at work they never get my replies. A real pain.

Reactions: ruff

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Some, not all, of my email go to the client's spam folder.
I know some of it depends on their service provider's spam software. However, I was told that it also has to do with my service provider and the server they have my email on.

Is that true?
True.

But not everything.

Sometimes your message will be blocked as seeming too "spammy" by the receiver. We like using Mail Chimp, as they preview scan and call out anything that might cause a rejection.

I've been away from E-mail marketing for too long to know the current rules, but you should stop using GREAT DEALS as your message title.

Reactions: FredC

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Most of my Service Monster emails go to spam

If you have a gmail account, you should be able to set up your emails using Gmails SMTP(outgoing mail) server. I've heard that has helped that issue for a few users. If you have your own email, you could even configure it to work with that outgoing server, but it's been a minute since I've been in the SM dashboard.

Or have your kid read this and do it for you: http://old.servicemonster.net/help/smtp/ ..... if it still is an available option.

• Angry
Reactions: hogjowl

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
True.

But not everything.

Sometimes your message will be blocked as seeming too "spammy" by the receiver. We like using Mail Chimp, as they preview scan and call out anything that might cause a rejection.

I've been away from E-mail marketing for too long to know the current rules, but you should stop using GREAT DEALS as your message title.
I don't market via email.
My emails are a reply with information when people send me an inquiry and or an appointment confirmation.

They don't say "Great Deals" or anything like that. All they say is: "Carpet (or- Upholstery, Rug) cleaning informatiom (or confirmation) from Expert Clean & Green.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom