Efflorescence on slate on porch

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
A customer contacted me to remove efflorescence from outdoor slate that was beneath a fountain for years.
On Sep 2, I applied Pro's Choice ProAcid 1:3
Scrubbed with black brush Brush Pro.
Dwell 20'.
Rinsed with Turbo.
Dried with Airpath.
Minor impact.
The tile in the best shape is a result of customer pressure washing previously. I put ProAcid straight up in a pool and asked the customer to rinse away when it evaporated. He sent me the result yesterday, Sep 3. No joy! (image no.4)
How do I remove this efflorescence? (I believe it comes from the Thinset, which is white).
Thanks,
Michael Ellis

efflorescence1.jpg efflorescence2.jpg efflorescence4after1st try.jpg nojoy.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
There is no fixing that Sarge.

The more you get it wet the worse it's going to make it.

You would have an easier time trying to stop waves at the beach..

and don't listen to our dopey pig peddler who's suggestions are about as stupid as throwing suntan lotion at the waves....

FredC

Village Idiot
It would work great on those tiles

If only they weren't installed...

I don't know if it will work or not....worth a shot I suppose

I just put the direct link to the product because Marty didn't seem able to

i would use it just because they used AWOLnation for the soundtrack and not GVF

Last edited:

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
I am determined to win. Gonna order two gallons...Marty...don't know the application rate. Big bucks for shipping so I hope it is potent $330! I can use Airpaths to flash dry to minimize cap effect, Mike. Then impregnate. DryTreat?? I'm not pulling the trigger until ya'll comment.

FredC

Village Idiot
I am determined to win. Gonna order two gallons...Marty...don't know the application rate. Big bucks for shipping so I hope it is potent $330! I can use Airpaths to flash dry to minimize cap effect, Mike. Then impregnate. DryTreat?? I'm not pulling the trigger until ya'll comment.

Holy shit.....I'd have probably just picked up some low fume muriatic acid instead....but I guess there is more room for error here

as far as application rate

FredC

Village Idiot
also it looks like other places sell it so I'd see if I could get a better shipping rate

Last edited:

Michael Ellis

Name
Michael Ellis
How many days of rain per year does that porch see?
The porch is under cover on the north side - no rain. He had a fountain spilling on it for years. It's gone. The slate on the exposed pathway looks better - I joked it looks better because the rain rinses it. The Thinset is white like the calcium - he had several removed when I took this image.

Mikey P

Administrator
The porch is under cover on the north side - no rain. He had a fountain spilling on it for years. It's gone. The slate on the exposed pathway looks better - I joked it looks better because the rain rinses it. The Thinset is white like the calcium - he had several removed when I took this image.
Good luck and don't promise anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom