Does your dog bite?

Mikey P

Administrator
Last job of the day yesterday. The lady whom we had only given a concrete estimate to before, had a love seat waiting in the driveway for us to clean. I quickly pointed out the dog hair/skin oil halo that was present on the frame. " Hmm, thats funny, I don't have a dog."

So we go inside to get the other sofa she needs done and low and behold there is her dog looking at us from the back yard window.

Both pieces get cleaned and when she inspects the love seat she finds some hair in the nooks of the base. She decides NOW is the time to tell us that it's very important that all the hair is removed because she is giving the piece to her highly allergic mother who would drop dead if one strand remains. "Some of that hair may be from the previous owner's cat and dog. but certainly not from my house. I dont have a cat."..

So I anally go over the piece picking each hair off by hand. Most are half way woven into the base fabric.
Feeling satisfied, I go in to get paid and low and behold..

A fooken cat is sleeping on the dining room floor.

How many of you upholstery cleaners try to remove all the pet hair on a piece if they still own a pet?

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
almost inpossible to do and i tell them that if your cleaning to get ride of the hair then don't
because i'm not picking it off

Luke

I tell them right up front if their objective is for my cleaning to remove all pet hair, they can forget about it, it ain't happening.
I tell them to save their money and just vacuum the piece themselves. 9 times out of 10 they say, oh well go ahead and clean and do what you can.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And I thought I was the only one who had a hell of a time with pet hair.
I tell them everytime, there will still be pet hair left in the upholstery.

I hate cleaning uholstery also. I don't push the ads. Maybe as an upsale if it already looks clean.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if you pre spary it then rub it with a micro fiber towel, it does a pretty good job of removing the hair. Dri Master tool is also pretty good at removing hair in a back and forth dry stroke

but getting every speck of hair isn't possible

I cleaned some office chairs last week that had a mesh fabric over the top cover. Had to pick crap out with tweezers or it just wouldn't have looked good

As Randy said, looks like you are getting close to the $49.95 sofa special :shock:

matt sheppard

i usually use a tape roller and latex gloves to remove pet hair, i get pretty detailed with it but i tell them that there will be hair left. most pet owners don't seem to mind that much but it freaks me out. i like pets but not in the house.

Name
Nate W.
I don't believe pet hair is that hard to remove.. Use either a dirt devil hand vac classic model or rug rat.. Crevice tool for the hard to reach places..

We did a job last week for a lady we gave a estimate to 1 year ago.. We still honored the estimated price but also took her 2 wool rugs back to the shop for cleaning.. Her house was really disgusting, dog hair everywhere.. She told us a bunch of cleaners we supposed to come and clean her house but no one showed up (I'm not surprised).. Walked away with over a grand for 1 sectional and 2 rugs..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom