Does anyone have this problem?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have a problem with detergents getting slimy in the chemical jug on my truckmounts. It happened on both of my TM's and only takes a short time (within a week). I've always thought it was a heat issue, but I'm not sure anymore.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've used Chemspec One Clean with Matrix Lemon Fresh and I switched to Microban Carpet Sanitizer and they both do it. With deo or without. I never had a problem with the Chemspec until a few years ago. I thought maybe it was a reformulation that caused it. Could the fact that I use super soft water make a difference?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
not sure what you mean by "slimmy" Doug

you get a slime build up on the sides of mix tank?
slime on top the emulsion solution?

I've never had any probs like that.
Prochem Heatwave is what we use.

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

I don't know about the Chemspec, but the Clean carpet sanitizer is not meter friendly for me. It is hard to get the meter to flow proper with that stuff. The dilution ratio may have something to do with it. It is some thick juice. It is a shame because it is a good product in my opinion. I would use it more often if it weren't such a pain.

Guys, the mixing of anionic and cationic surfactants makes a sticky mess. ONE CLEAN is an anionic detergent; many deodorants are cationic. The chemical reaction is called REVERSE SAPONIFICATION. This is part of basic CCT training.

Rex Tyus

JamesBaileySmith said:
Guys, the mixing of anionic and cationic surfactants makes a sticky mess. ONE CLEAN is an anionic detergent; many deodorants are cationic. The chemical reaction is called REVERSE SAPONIFICATION. This is part of basic CCT training.

I don't run any cationics through my meter. That would be 5th generation unfriendly. But thanks for sharing.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The problem I'm having is mainly in the chemical jug. All other areas are squeaky clean, although the Microban managed to etch up my chemical meter quite nicely.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Doug;

Citrus solvents can migrate thru the plastic on many containers.

This will leave a slight oily film on the outside.

If that is the case, you need a barrier container to hold the solution.

Larry

The rate of reaction can vary making a slimy film in the jug to a carpet that can soil rapidly. If a deodorant must be mixed with a detergent, then use SR deodorant.
There are detergents/deodorant blends like CHEMSPEC ADVANCED GENERATION CARPET DEODORIZER. It is designed to be a prespray/deodorant.

Rex Tyus

Just incase anyone is confused as to what Microban Clean Carpet sanitizer is. It is an extraction detergent. NOT a deoderizer additive. I did a copy and paste from a website that carries it. Sorry no pictures. If memory serves correct it is SOA and Woolsafe.

Microban Carpet Cleaner Sanitizer & Det.
Smell the Freshness
Smell the Freshness
Water, humidity and everday usage of carpets can be an invitation to microscopic bacteria and fungi that can become an invisible source of rancid odors.

Now, you can restore your customers’ "new home" freshness with Microban Clean Carpet Sanitizer. Microban CCS has an active ingredient that neutralizes, reduces and controls the growth of microbial bacteria and fungi.

EPA approved
Ten years in development, the exclusive Microban CCS formula has been tested for safety and efficacy and has been granted EPA registration #70263-7. The Microban CCS formula and process is patent pending.

Microban CCS kills hundreds of different strains of odor causing bacteria and mold to improve indoor air quality and maintain new home freshness.

Protects against odor-causing bacteria and fungi for a whole year.

How It Works
Microban CCS contains three anionic biocidal agents directed at odor causing bacteria and fungi such as aspergillus and penicillin. Microban's technology has been tested in thousands of facilities and is now available for use in residential settings.

Microban CCS also contains odor counteractants to neutralize unpleasant malodors.

Microban CCS is not a topical application that is sprayed on; a specialized procedure is used to apply it deep within the fibers of carpets. Carpet fibers are softer, more luxurious and longer lasting after being cleaned and sanitized with Microban CCS. And best of all, your customers can experience new home freshness everyday with the knowledge that they have the cleanest carpets possible.

“Cleaner Than Clean”™
Many situations demand a level of "clean" beyond traditional carpet cleaning methods. Before Microban processes were developed for the home, this level of clean was reserved for large institutions including day-care centers, gyms and spas, and healthcare facilities. Now, with a special residential application process, you can restore "new home freshness" and rid the home of odor-causing micro-organisms.

The situations under which Microban CCS is especially needed include:

Pre-Owned carpet. Cleans, sanitizes and restores “new” freshness to previously owned carpets.
Carpeting as a play and relaxation surface. Provides peace-of-mind where the family plays and relaxes.
Freshness. Eliminates odors for general sense of new home freshness.
DIRECTIONS:

Light soiling extraction: Thoroughly vacuum carpet. Mix 1 ounce of CCS per gallon of water and extract.

Restoration cleaning following water damage: Mix 2 ounces of CCS per gallon.

NOTE: Test fibers for colorfastness before use.

Best used with Microban® Clean Carpet Sanitizer Prespray.

Use pH: 9 - 10 at 1 ounce/gallon

Back
Top Bottom