Do you think it's worth $13,000.00?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2004 Ford 52,000 miles, cab is in great shape, the box isn't too bad, has a ramp, the rear tires look like the came off a tractor, I'll have to get 4-rear tires. :x

Dan thinks it's a great deal and wants to buy it and put the 805 in it and rack it as a back up WDR truck.

$13,000.00 isn't bad but I don't feel like it's the bargain Dan thinks. He said new would be $30,000.00

OK deal, good deal, great deal what do you think?

DSCN0036.jpg

Ernie G

I think it also could be different in other areas of the country, but there are lots of deals out there in this economy.

TimP

I'd tell them what I'd pay and that way if they get no better offer they can come back to you. Unless you want it really bad and think it's worth it. Many people think their stuff is worth more than it really is.

G

Make your offer of 8-10 grand and if they don't take it, tell them to give you a call if they change their mind.

TimP

I don't think at 13,000 it's a complete rip off. Just probably better deals out there if you look for them. Depends on how good the truck looks to you and if it's worth it to look around and if it's more along the lines of what you want. I think the newer cab over looks like a decent deal too. Very clean in the cab the box looks a little rough.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea, I emailed Dan and he was laughing at the same the box was in.

Better go price tires for this dog, maybe we can get him down enough to pay for them.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is alot of money for that. I see trucks all over the place now. Is it a diesel or gas?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gas

I ran it over it will will be $1,000.00 for 6-new tires.

Dan likes it, so we will counter with $12,000.00 and see if he will drop any.

I doubt it! :mrgreen:

TimP

I wouldn't get it with gas. A truck like that needs a diesel engine, plus they last so much longer. Just my opinion though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My #4 WDR truck is a diesel Powerstroke and everyone bitches about how loud it is.

In fact it's the last to go out just because they say they can't even hear the music in the cab.

It is noisy, but they are spoiled too!

Chris A

Name
Chris
They gear those gas motors down so much they still have pretty decent torque. A diesel would only make sense if you were really loading that sucker down

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Look on TRUCKMOUNTDEALS.COM ....look at unit #846 $13000.000

Tank the Vortex & sell for parts.....The put that BAD-ASS 805 in there......

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
no way I'd go over $10,000 for that. It looks like a nice truck, but I definitely think you can find a better deal. But, it sounds like Bro has his heart set on giving this guy $13,000!

Bob Foster

It's will be a pig on fuel. If you are going to use it a lot I would pass and go get one our favorite LCF.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Josh said:
Make your offer of 8-10 grand and if they don't take it, tell them to give you a call if they change their mind.

This is what I would do also... Leave the ball in there court. Throw him a low ball and keep looking. IMO

G

Are you paying cash or getting finance?

I would never pay that much cash at one time.

Buy a new one!, yeah you have a monthly payment at $500 each month
for 5 years. you have the 13k in savings for almost three years.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea, that's more cash than I would want to pay at once unless it was just an unbelievable deal.

Plus I've already got 8-leases at different stages over the $500.00 and don't want or need another at this time.

I want one like Warren's and Waldo's, after all it's not one of the front line units.

It will sit the majority of the time, I just would like to capitalize on those opportunities when the present themselves.

Dan needs to stay on the golf course and away from our lease agent!

The lease agent is going to break me yet with his great deals on his repo's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom