Do the new blowers really need that little filter in the cap?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Two mechanics told me we shouldn’t need them. They cause our blowers to overheat like mine did today and blew an oil seal around the pulley shaft.

So I’ll be pulling out that foam I packed in there and see if it helps stay at a better maintained temp.

Any thoughts from someone else with these triflow blowers?

D275B49A-8A96-4E3D-AEDA-A7EB93B2717E.jpeg 2B2512C7-54F5-4452-91F8-43EAD56C612B.jpeg A0028321-8B65-475B-997B-76831D931E3A.jpeg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Two mechanics told me we shouldn’t need them. They cause our blowers to overheat like mine did today and blew an oil seal around the pulley shaft.

So I’ll be pulling out that foam I packed in there and see if it helps stay at a better maintained temp.

View attachment 116909 View attachment 116910 View attachment 116911
Are those blower mechanics? Are you sure you didn't overfill the blower oil? If it's factory designed, it shouldn't be causing any issues.

Reactions: Hack Attack

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
One of them was JD’s svc tech in Chicago and the other one was a machinist that works on everything from blowers to earthmovers

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
One of them was JD’s svc tech in Chicago and the other one was a machinist that works on everything from blowers to earthmovers
If you're talking about the breather cap on top I can't see it

Its there to allow air in and out with temp fluctuations, and hopefully stop oil from getting contaminated, but shouldnt be getting such a fluctuation that it's pressurising anything..
only a backyard mechanic

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

View attachment 116909 View attachment 116910 View attachment 116911
It's called a breathing stone or a vent... It allows the heat and pressure to excape from the blower... If it gets plugged.. Or you take it off.. The blower will run hotter and build back pressure and blow out the seals.... No matter what anyone tells you.. It's a must to have and keep clean.....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's called a breathing stone or a vent... It allows the heat and pressure to excape from the blower... If it gets plugged.. Or you take it off.. The blower will run hotter and build back pressure and blow out the seals.... No matter what anyone tells you.. It's a must to have and keep clean.....
Do you have a source where u can buy those little cylindrical stones?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Does anyone else think this is insane?

There is a critical part of your blower. If it stops venting it can cause catastrophic failure. It's prone to plugging up, but finding the right replacement is like looking for a unicorn in the woods. It's ok, just shove some foam in there.

Insanity.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Does anyone else think this is insane?

There is a critical part of your blower. If it stops venting it can cause catastrophic failure. It's prone to plugging up, but finding the right replacement is like looking for a unicorn in the woods. It's ok, just shove some foam in there.

Insanity.
Someone else made a YouTube video about it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom