Describe your most difficult client

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mine is one that asked me to buy a camera to put her furniture back perfectly after cleaning.
She even brought out her lazer to help me align her furniture.

She brow beat me so bad that I had to ask my 13 year old son to go sit out in the van.

As my blood was boiling I never lost my cool................because I wanted to get paid!

I cringe EVERYtImE she calls.

The call backs for itsy bitsy spots just leaves me frazzled.

If this is high end customers I don't want them.
They demand TOO much time and effort.

I can make more money in less time servicing the middle class.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
DOUBLE HER PRICE....... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

If she calls back....?...GREAT... :D

If she "bItCheS" about the new Price...?

POLITELY...."Tell her that you "understand"...if she can't AFFORD your SERVICE..... :shock:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Widow woman with a yapping dog that never stops. She has tiny little rooms that are so cramped the two inch hose is bigger than the space between the beds and the walls. She's "alergic" to everything and said I put her in the hospital one time because of the "chemicals" I use. I went up on her price in an effort to get rid of her and she whined so bad I relented and went back to the old price!

She always makes me wait on her to move her car and pick up the things for me to clean ... even though I call her prior to coming and ask her to do it. Then she wants to talk for an hour as she writes me a check.

I say every time is the last.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This could be fun except I have to many to list and since most are on this board it might not be a good idea to call them out :wink:

Just kidding............

Only 1 or two are on the board......... :mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i had an old bitty DIE on me once.....would THAT be considered a bad customer...

she didn't pay me?

SFC

how about being treated like a bad client? Asked my broker for a rundown on what I was covered for insurance. You know the stuff you don't want to buy until your employee burns someone.

She said she couldn't send me that!/??? New broker. then we have a guy that I bought some equipment from.
As in the Army, no names, no pack drill... In any case the equipment has been arriving at my door in bits and peices for 6 weeks. I tell him that I don't treat my customers like that and I do what I say. He says he does the same thing????

WTF

The thing is I paid up front. So WTF is the problem.

Beer time is right now Atlantic time.

You suckers have to wait.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
that's no way to speak of Momma Ladwig.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
admiralclean said:
Widow woman with a yapping dog that never stops. She has tiny little rooms that are so cramped the two inch hose is bigger than the space between the beds and the walls. She's "alergic" to everything and said I put her in the hospital one time because of the "chemicals" I use. I went up on her price in an effort to get rid of her and she whined so bad I relented and went back to the old price!

She always makes me wait on her to move her car and pick up the things for me to clean ... even though I call her prior to coming and ask her to do it. Then she wants to talk for an hour as she writes me a check.

I say every time is the last.

I want to do a ridealong with Marty. His custys are a trip.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have one that had the decorator come back because I didn't get the pillows on the sofa back just right. We had such a hard time the first time with furniture placement that the next time we just tilted it and cleaned under it without removing any pillows. Everything went perfect. All of her neighbors use us because and I quote, If you can make her happy you can make anybody happy.

Gene

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It will be interesting to read John's memoirs of idiot carpet cleaners when he retires, though I probably won't be alive then :-)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Please keep it carpet cleaner's clients....

Because I just don't give a shit about the rest.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I just can't think of any.
Probably because of my beauty, charm, grace and impeccably Professional, carpetside manner.

Marty, get away from my keyboard !!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A ex-exotic dancer.........what a hand full...she was the bitch from the bowels of hell...

she had naked pictures of her self all down the rat hole hall way and shit thrown everywhere .....and these pictures were not of her as a young dancer either...they (and she) were very aged...she could of wore tube socks for a bra......

This woman was bitching before I even got out of the truck.........and had something to bitch about the entire time I was there........................she pretty much lived in the back bedroom because it was the only room with A/C.........the rest of the house was hot as hell.and smelled as bad as she did...I have tried everything except a gun to my temple to get that image out of my head...............I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat shaking.........

Name
BradFenstermaker
What drives me nuts is they watch every move including the wrap up at the truck. Follow you back in talking about who now's what to the bill on the counter.

Silence sets in and you say check or cash? Do they forget you don't work for free?

Oh Yeah, Well the pocket book is all the way on the otherside of the house or in the car.

Giving hints about being busy or well starting the last room doesn't even register.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fired..

Ok, maybe not.
This Monday we are doing a real pain in the ass she "has to have me there"...well I will be vacationing.
She will be too and is worried that the guy I send won't know what to do. :roll:
It's the whole house...how hard can that be.

She told me "I don't want to get phone call from him while I'm at sea world" :shock:
Trust me, not gonna happen.
She will leave a check with the nanny so that makes it a little better.

As I read this post it doesn't seem to bad....it's all attitude.

One of the only customers that will have us back everytime ...and it's a BS redo ....everytime.

Asian girl and her culture dictates that we kiss her feet and her ass....we also have to levitate through the house while cleaning so our peasant feet don't touch her royal floor.
can you say the "C" word in the clean room yet....well you can't stop me from thinking it.

Everytime we do the job I always think..."This is the last time we are doing it"...and my dumb ass just sets up the appointment everytime she calls.

It's like being married to my ex everytime we do it. ugh.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Too many to list. Women drive me crazy. There's the ones that get the day or time wrong. There's the ones that forget you're coming. There's the ones that want to chat or tell you how to do your job. How about the folks that want to move the furniture themselves, then they disappear. You end up doing a lot more work yourself and not charging for it. How about the trashed carpet that doesn't clean up well enough or one spot you couldn't get out. How many people offer you a drink of water while you're sweating your ass off cleaning their crap. I could go on and on.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brian Robison said:
Asian girl and her culture dictates that we kiss her feet and her ass....we also have to levitate through the house while cleaning so our peasant feet don't touch her royal floor.
can you say the "C" word in the clean room yet....well you can't stop me from thinking it.

Everytime we do the job I always think..."This is the last time we are doing it"...and my dumb ass just sets up the appointment everytime she calls.

It's like being married to my ex everytime we do it. ugh.

Just make sure to set uo the redo when your on the job, and as you leave, say "C U Next Tuesday!"

tim

I've had plenty but recently we had a couple that both chain smoke. Ashtrays all over the house, all with a minimum of 100 butts in them. The house was tiny and split level, filthy dirty and nicotine stains were like filter lines 8 inches wide around every baseboard. She laid on the couch "supervising" because she has emphasema and pregnant.

The husband had lung cancer, hair to his waist, no shirt, both nipples peirced with toothpicks. The house was cluttered, no room to move and could not breathe for all the smoke. They had 2 yipping Yorkies, both over 10 years old with cones around their head. They put them in a back room but they howled and yipped the entire time. The carpet was sticky and black with spills and urine. One of the dogs hiked his leg on the corner while we were talking to the customer, she pointed it out and laughed. Said they did it all the time.

She constantly asked what we were doing now and if we moved this piece or that. Wanted parts of rooms done and bitched when I said it would be the same as a whole room. Called us back out saying the stairs were sticky. When we returned, they were fine but the tile floor had sticky dog urine on it, being tracked onto the berber stairs. Invited us to smoke pot with her, husband followed us out to the van talking for an hour about his medical conditions. Told us they would refer us to all their relatives :shock: I went home and took a shower

Back
Top Bottom