Damn Oreck

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Or should I say “Damn Oreck bags!”

While installing a new bag, somehow it got a hole in it. Don’t worry, I fixed it.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Hard time following instructions on the vac bag? Oreck is one of the easiest bags to put in..

Could be worse!

20181213_201026.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74

randy

Name
Randy
I have been running Orecks for years. I normally buy " like new " xl-15 models off Craigs list for $30-50. Military folks in the DC area apparently don't move vacuums after 1-3 years at the Pentagon. Last week a guy moving sold me spare parts ( brush rolls, bags & belts ) for an extra $6.00 LOL These things are one of the best vacuums you can get. I get them cheap, pop in a new beater bar, belt and bag and off we go.

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART: WALMART SELLS bags for them that are made under the ARM & Hammer brand. They have a built in deodorizer to get rid of vacuum odor and they are better made, VERY HARD TO PUT A HOLE IN THEM. I have never actually punctured a vacuum bag in 27 years in this business, but if you have this issue Guerrilla Glue brand DUCK TAPE is on the same isle as flex seal . If you boat you might pick that up too while you are at it. Life preservers are in sporting goods. If you ever think you will be going boating with Damon I strongly suggest you keep one in the truck along with emergency contact data, flares, first aid kit, emergency raft , satellite phone, 21 day dried food supply, a laminated copy of your will , and that pamphlet " how to get right with GOD before you die".

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Or should I say “Damn Oreck bags!”

While installing a new bag, somehow it got a hole in it. Don’t worry, I fixed it.

View attachment 87418

In Martin Scosese's film "The Departed", he has an "X" somewhere in the shot before a character dies. The tape on the elevator wall looks eerily familiar to your tape repair Damon. Be careful, and don't open any packages that arrive from Nebraska:

randy

Name
Randy
Randy, have you tried the Powr Flite version of the Oreck?

I never have. Powr Flite is the original mytee in my book. Not as crappy as mytee is today but they invented the harbor freight quality extractor long before mytee wrote the book on it.

" How to build shit, sell shit and get rich laughing your ass off at carpet cleaners".

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom