D-Limonene overexposure

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I've been having some strange reactions to d-limonene. Back and side pain, headaches, nausea, lack of energy, dizzyness, forgetfulness... a burning pain just below my ribs

After a month I finally figured out it was products with d-limonene that have been making me feel this way.

The new vented caps have been leaking all over the bottle, so I have been getting lots of exposure through skin, then my new truck is running a lot hotter water and I have been vaporizing it with my hydroforce, not to mention the shelving unit collapse resulting in a whole gallon spilling in the van. Twice.

I talked with Hoodlebrink about it. He thinks I just developed a sensitivity and I'll be fine. I know I'm cutting d-limonene out of my diet... Hopefully that will be enough.

Somebody please reassure me I won't need new kidneys.

Thanks!

Walt

Which D-limonene product are you using? Some of them have some have some serious solvents add to help blend them.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Citrus Solv by Bridgepoint and Deliminate

One or the other in EVERY product I use for the past 3 years

Bob Foster

Buy any chance are you using any products with buytl in it? I would think that is more likely causing your problems.

A lot of spoters such as Citrisolv have loads of butyl.

Name
I'm Rick James
Bob Foster said:
Buy any chance are you using any products with buytl in it? I would think that is more likely causing your problems.

A lot of sports such as Citrisolv have loads of butyl.

I agree butyl is some nasty shit. Cause the same effects and like steriods it makes your package smaller.

gary mackay

Funny, it always gives me a migrane & this morning I woke up with one, used it Sunday & yesterday. When I get a D-Limolene migrane I actually can't see well for about 30 minutes till I get a crazy headache. If I wern't so lazy I'd break out a tool an power scrub instead!

Greenie

Just move to a 90 Butyl product for a few weeks, you'll be glad to get your citrus terpine back.

Honestly, it coud be a number of chems on yoru truck, How did you come to the conclusion it was the D-lime?

Mikey P

Administrator
Blue balls
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Blue balls is the slang term for a congested prostate or vasocongestion, the condition of temporary fluid congestion in the testicles and prostate region caused by prolonged sexual arousal in the human male. It is often accompanied by a cramp-like ache of prostatic congestion and pain/tenderness or edema of the testes, and is incorrectly believed to have the symptom of a blue tinged scrotum. Weinzimer and Thornton suggested calling it "epididymal hypertension".[1]
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Lack of orgasm
* 2 Other side effects
* 3 Sexually transmitted infection
* 4 Treatment
* 5 Homologous condition in women
* 6 See also
* 7 References
* 8 External links

[edit] Lack of orgasm

The cause is the prolonged sexual stimulation of the erect penis (intentional or unintentional), that does not result in orgasm and ejaculation. This can, in some circumstances, be a consensual sexual act as part of erotic sexual denial.

During sexual arousal in a male, the parasympathetic nervous system increases its inputs to the genital tissues, resulting in increased blood flow to the testicles and prostate areas. As this happens, other fluid outflow muscles constrict, causing less bodily fluid to leave the area than enter, ensuring a high enough regional blood pressure to allow a sustained erection for penetration during sexual intercourse. Erection occurs with the parasympathetic nervous system's local release of nitric oxide, causing relaxation of the smooth muscles in the arteries of the corpus cavernosum and resulting in blood engorgement.

If orgasm is not achieved, blood and lymphatic fluid tend to pool, and the blood becomes oxygen-deprived. The technical term for this is vasocongestion.

Some men may deprive themselves of an orgasm purposely to prolong sexual activity. Their sexual partner may also request that they refrain from ejaculation for a longer period to increase their duration of sex. If this is the case, massaging the testicles or using a vibrator on the testicles during the prolonged sexual activity may prevent the blood from pooling and actually prevent or decrease the severity of blue balls.

Men with priapism or orchialgia may experience an extreme, prolonged pain that requires medical attention. Also common are
Back and side pains, headaches, nausea, lack of energy, dizzyness, forgetfulness and acute symptoms of workoholicism.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
B&BGaryC said:
I've been having some strange reactions to d-limonene. Back and side pain, headaches, nausea, lack of energy, dizzyness, forgetfulness..a burning pain just below my ribs

After a month I finally figured out it was products with d-limonene that have been making me feel this way.

how did you "finally figure it out" that it was d'lime?

Cause spilled jugs and leaky caps doesn't mean anything.
If symptoms go away after eliminating d'lime, that will tell you something.
If they return after re-introduction of the juice, then it would be pretty sure thing you've developed a sensitivity to it.

as it is now, sounds like you're just spectuating it's d'lime, when it could very well be another chem.
or maybe even more likely, a condition/illness completely unrelated to any juice.

have you had any professional medical evaluations other than from Dr Hoodledink?

Somebody please reassure me I won't need new kidneys.

Thanks!

sure, no problem.
the location of pain..... "a burning pain just below my ribs" ..... sounds more like liver or pancreas.... not kidneys.

..L.T.A.

timnelson

Why give Gary a hard time over what sounds like some pretty serious health issues? Protect your health, Gary. Go to a doctor and get checked out (including lung function).

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
timnelson said:
Why give Gary a hard time over what sounds like some pretty serious health issues? .

maybe cause he's asking a bunch of dumb CCers and speculating the cause of what might be a serious ailment, instead of going to the Doc
(as you rightly suggest)

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The reason I came to the conclusion that is was the D-limonene was because I took it of my truck, and started feeling better. Didn't put the two together, just didn't use any because I didn't need it, and I was out of Deliminate. Got a really nasty poly frieze with oil problems, added 8 ounces citrus solv to my spray, breathed some fire with the truck mount spraying the stuff in, and all the pain and ailments came back instantly. That's when I realized the only thing that changed was the delimonene.

Bob Foster

Don't let the name confuse you. Citrisolv is loaded with butyl. I say again I bet it's the butyl.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Just because something is a naturally derived product doesn’t mean its safe no tests are being done on people but lab tests on rats prove interesting. D-limonene is a carcinogen to some animals. Male rats which that lack the protein alpha2u-globulin mutate in to cancer by D limonene .

Did you know……

-More than 1000 chemicals have been described in coffee: 30 have been tested and 21 are rodent
carcinogens.

-Plants in the human diet contain thousands of natural “pesticides” produced by
plants to protect themselves from insects and other predators: 71 have been tested and 37 are rodent carcinogens

http://potency.berkeley.edu/text/Paustenbach.pdf

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Bob Foster said:
Don't let the name confuse you. Citrisolv is loaded with butyl. I say again I bet it's the butyl.

Will Delminate have the same stuff in it as Citrus Solv? Because Deliminate is bothering me as well. Just not as much.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I would be the last person to defend delimonene in the context here. In fact I have often railed against people who purport it to be safe, green, and so forth. That being said....

The products that do contain delimonene, especially spotters and boosters usually contain chemicals with health concern related characteristics that far outweigh the concerns of the delimonene portion. In fact, in spotters and boosters, delimonene is usually considered a lesser active ingredient than people realize. In some cases, the delimonene is more of a "marketing additive" and/or fragrance, than anything else.

Before you blame the delimonene, per se, you may want to look at the other components of the suspect chemicals you are attributing to your problems. While it may be a darn good idea to stop using those formulated products, it may or may not be the delimonene as the culprit. In doing so, you might erroneously switch to a delimonene- free product that is not better, and may actually be worse for your health condition.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Hoodie suggested greasebreaker by hydramaster. I used to add it to blitz at the last company. Worked good for the Oil-distributor's headquarters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom