Customer appreciation day

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Have any of you ever done a customer appreciation day? What did you do and how did it go? Picnic at a local park? Giveaways?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to have an open house and had a Mexican food buffet. We invited all customers residential and commercial. Between 11:00 AM-1:30 PM we would feed nearly 300 people. People loved it and some would hang around and talk for hours. We always did it the 2nd week of December, so people were in a festive mood.

We did it for 10-15 years, once my father passed we quit and just have never got back to it. It was really his baby, he loved entertaining everyone.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
We used to have an open house and had a Mexican food buffet. We invited all customers residential and commercial. Between 11:00 AM-1:30 PM we would feed nearly 300 people. People loved it and some would hang around and talk for hours. We always did it the 2nd week of December, so people were in a festive mood.

We did it for 10-15 years, once my father passed we quit and just have never got back to it. It was really his baby, he loved entertaining everyone.
Wow, I'm not sure about 300 people, but that's awesome :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was a big deal for those that attended. It kept growing because once someone came they told others that had been invited but hadn't come it. We hired a Marchi band, an artist who drew caricatures and did ultrasonic cleaning of jewelry. It took a month to clean and paint. I don't miss that! lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not a supplier.

Restoration & Cleaning. These were clients that were invited. We would send out 1000 invites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Ok, I would have had a great resource if you were a supplier but no clue about doing it with a does the work company.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
This is a great idea.

Richard why would you ever stop? 300 clients in your door is unbelievable.

With the change in social media and the way millennials are buying you should start this up again. I know of a furniture store in the Midwest that does Thursday night happy hours and they have huge turn out.

This is a great idea Marcie, I am going to get my team thinking on this.
You could do Police and Fireman appreciation as well and clean the squad cars interiors.
You could also do comp car mat cleaning.
Prizes and do some benefit for a local charity like Mike does at the Fest.
Do pop up shops for some local companies.
Marcie look at JonDon and what they do. Nick is the master of creating great customer relations.

I have been reading this book Growth Hacking. Grab a copy it has lots of ideas
Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
content

Ryan Holiday
Portfolio/Penguin, 2014 - Business & Economics - 111 pages
0 Reviews
A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing and Advertising

A new generation of megabrands like Facebook, Dropbox, Airbnb, and Twitter haven’t spent a dime on traditional marketing. No press releases, no TV commercials, no billboards. Instead, they rely on a new strategy—growth hacking—to reach many more people despite modest marketing budgets. Growth hackers have thrown out the old playbook and replaced it with tools that are testable, trackable, and scalable. They believe that products and businesses should be modified repeatedly until they’re primed to generate explosive reactions.

Bestselling author Ryan Holiday, the acclaimed marketing guru for American Apparel and many bestselling authors and multiplatinum musicians, explains the new rules and provides valuable examples and case studies for aspiring growth hackers. Whether you work for a tiny start-up or a Fortune 500 giant, if you’re responsible for building awareness and buzz for a product or service, this is your road map.

More »

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think we could do it again anytime. People are always asking when are we having another one.
We stopped when we lost our father, he was the driving force for the event. We've talked about about doing it again but that's all the further its ever gotten.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think we could do it again anytime. People are always asking when are we having another one.
We stopped when we lost our father, he was the driving force for the event. We've talked about about doing it again but that's all the further its ever gotten.
Sounds like something that could be quite profitable Richard. I understand that it was your dads thing but I think in your market people would respond well to that kind of event. Also honors your dad in a way. Make sure you invite all the adjusters in town. They always remember when they got their last free beer or lunch.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom