Concrete cleaning in warehouse -- topical

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Just wondering the best way to do this. It's about 7k square feet. There is wax on the concrete floor but they don't want to pay for stripping it.

I was thinking of using a neutral cleaner, scrub with red pad and rinse with turbo. I mentioned the chance of more peeling , they don't seem to care.

What do you think?

Albert

BUSY BEE

I don't know Al, how dirty is it? If they don't care about the topical, why not black and some weight?

Name
George Valliant
7000 s.f scrubbed and rinsed with a 12 inch spinner sounds like a lot of work and a lot of wear and tear on ur equipment.

Have u checked into renting a walk behind auto-scrubber? Should be able to knock it out pretty quick w/ one.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Regarding how dirty it is , I'd say medium dirt. I hate to do things half assed but they don't want a strip and reseal.

I can definitely rent an autoscrubber , good idea. Should I stick with the least aggresive pad and neutral cleaner so I don't start stripping the concrete?. I know it's hard to say suggest anything without pics.

Albert

Name
George Valliant
A warehouse they don't GAS about? See if u can get an auto scrubber w a brisle brush bottom and call it good.

Probably run you about $100 to $150 to rent.

If you can't charge em enough dough to pay for the scrubber rental and have a tidy little profit left over for you, then take a pass on the deal.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if all you're doing is washing the floor, make sure you sweep it well first.
I cleaned a concrete floor with a modified Spinner, its a lot of walking, and getting the loose soil off makes a big difference. I didn't try to scrub it at all.

Fon Johnson

They don't care about sealer coming off, they just want it cleaned.. I'd just scrub with brushes or black or green pads with an alkaline cleaner such as Johnsons UHS cleaner. Should take about an hour or so with a good auto scrubber..

BlinkClean

Albert Lazo said:
Just wondering the best way to do this. It's about 7k square feet. There is wax on the concrete floor but they don't want to pay for stripping it.

I was thinking of using a neutral cleaner, scrub with red pad and rinse with turbo. I mentioned the chance of more peeling , they don't seem to care.

What do you think?

Albert

What kind of wax is it?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What is a reasonable charge for cleaning a warehouse concrete floor with an autoscrubber?

We had 10,000 sq/ft we cleaned last weekend that had light smoke residue. We used an auto scrubber with neutal cleaner and it took 9-hours.

Cleaned up nice, don't want to over or under charge.

What would you charge?

BlinkClean

rctpks said:
What is a reasonable charge for cleaning a warehouse concrete floor with an autoscrubber?

We had 10,000 sq/ft we cleaned last weekend that had light smoke residue. We used an auto scrubber with neutal cleaner and it took 9-hours.

Cleaned up nice, don't want to over or under charge.

What would you charge?

For a job well done, that big I'd say I'd charge maybe around $8,000. Add on the smoke residue and I'd charge around $8,500. It really depends on a number of factors, but that would be my average. I charge more on commercial than I do on residential and I charge 80 cents a sq/ft for residential clean without sealed and $1.50 cleaned and sealed. So it may run at around that total I mentioned above, maybe a bit more.

BlinkClean

Ron Werner said:
$8000!!!??
He's just washing the floor, not stripping and polishing
But he mentioned he was stripping wax :?
Edit: my bad I guess I got confused. For just cleaning I'd go for a reasonable $4-4.5k.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
if you are going to clean the warehouse floor i would use a medium degreaser with a blue scrubbing pad and either use a couple of 175 or rent an autoscrubber as many have mentioned.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used a white pad, it really wasn't bad and we didn't want to scrub it with a green, red, or black and strip it.

It wasn't a simple run the machine over it, we still had to lay down water in an area, scrub it in then rinse.

It took 9-hours, what would you charge? A thousand? Two? Three? Four???

We were thinking $1000.00-$1500.00?

BUSY BEE

rctpks said:
We used a white pad, it really wasn't bad and we didn't want to scrub it with a green, red, or black and strip it.

It wasn't a simple run the machine over it, we still had to lay down water in an area, scrub it in then rinse.

It took 9-hours, what would you charge? A thousand? Two? Three? Four???

We were thinking $1000.00-$1500.00?
I think $1000-1500 is fair, especially for a warehouse. Kinda depends on who the work is for as well. Over $100 per hour for one man is fair.

BUSY BEE

BlinkClean said:
Ron Werner said:
$8000!!!??
Edit: my bad I guess I got confused. For just cleaning I'd go for a reasonable $4-4.5k.
Just to clean? You'd get yer ass laughed out of the building! Good luck.

BlinkClean

BUSY BEE said:
BlinkClean said:
[quote="Ron Werner":2pup1dds]$8000!!!??
Just to clean? You'd get yer ass laughed out of the building! Good luck.[/quote:2pup1dds]
but a big company doesn't bullshit about prices. I did a costco 15k aware feet about a yaer ago for $6k

Fon Johnson

For you guys who are getting thousands of dollars to autoscrub warehouse floors under 20k, I would like to move to where you are and subcontract for you. I will sell my business and relocate. For simple autoscrub I will gladly do these all day long for you for .25 per square..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom