coffee shop recipe

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I am going to be cleaning a coffee shop that hasn't been properly cleaned for a year and a half. I imagine its loaded with high ph prespray and emulsifier. There is not only a lot of coffee but a lot of sugar milk and cream. Starches from pastries but no real grease to speak of. Dark beat in traffic lanes salt and peppered with latte and chai tea spills. I want to go acid side rinse on the first cleaning to help strip away the residue left from the other guy. I will be using agitation and plenty of heat. I'm just curious because I have never done a coffee shop before and wonder what to use. Prochem powerburst works great for my restaurants. I am thinking about trying bio-break by bridgepoint on this one though. Problem with using a restaurant prespray is that they are also geared up for grease and grease isn't a factor in this case.

If you've done a busy coffee shop before lemmeno what works for you.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I would be more concerned with the cimex hacks and a carpet full of shampoo. Good luck, remember flush not rinse.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Will flush with twelve flow.

Not cimex hacks though. One of the top five companies in my town. Don't know why he's hacking this one out. Know he uses inch and a half hose and pmf wands and not always glides but sometimes. He got really into high ph rinses and presprays a few years ago to save labor on cleaning.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Take your ordinary 9-9.5 pH prespray and scrub it in with green stripe pads, or a white 3M pad. Rinse on the acid side. If you're feeling froggy you could apply a LIGHTLY(mix it even the slight bit strong and you'll leave a white haze wherever you apply it) mixed shampoo that has sodium metabisulfite(Prochem Cotton Shampoo, or similar), afterward and post pad with a cotton pad. That will help in removing some addition browning. Get the thing dry quick.

Oh if you decide to try the post padding option be sure to have good ventilation. That sodium metabisulfate packs a punch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom