Castex Explorer 1500H

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have an explorer 1500H that has seen very little use. I was wondering if it considered a good portable. The wand that came with it is kind of a joke. If anyone is using this machine on a regular bases I have some questions for you on psi ect.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Thanks, Richard
I need to take Leon a couple of high-speed buffers next week to work on. I’ll ask him about it then. I don’t have much to do today so I was playing with it in the garage. I can get around 250 PSI @ 2 GPM. It has a heater but it is very slow (1 F + per MIN). I just keep it around for back up. I think it will do okay with the right wand. It came set up running 6 GPM and could only hold 50 PSI :roll: .

Greenie

Single 3 stage 94 cfm vac
Pumptec 250psi pump.
Heater would be better used as a pre-heater and let cycle back into the fresh tank for 20 mins, prime the pump and heater before turning it on, then allow heater to warm up for 5 mins. before cycling the full flow back to the tank, even better if you can fill with hot water to start.
The bladder system between fresh and waste is a little weird, probably fine til it beaks.
The three jet castex wand really needs a glide, just don't tell jimmy.
You probably aren't getting better than 100psi from it because of the size of the jets on the wand, you gotta figure out what you want, smaller jets for more pressure, less flow, possibly more heat if you follow instructions, or larger jets (likely already has 110 015 jets) for more flow and less pressure.

The 25' of 1.5" hsoe is fine, if you need to reach futher, convert it to 2" hose right to the wand.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a 16 inch 4 jet modified castex wand .

You don't need a glide for it and besides if you can't push a wand with a portable you better get a job at a flower shop.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
It came with a glide. Not as nice as a green glide. Thanks Greenie, I will try letting the heater warm up for 5 min before preheating. I hope it warms up faster. You should see the castex upholstery tool it's more of a stair tool. I downloaded the owners manual and it said to clean upholstery at 30 PSI. Thank god for truckmounts! Not looking forward to using this porty but I want to get the most out of it when I do.

Greenie

ACE said:
It came with a glide. Not as nice as a green glide.

ahhh....must be one of these...25 years old.

SerMastBlackGlide008.jpg

SerMastBlackGlide006.jpg

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have jon don's pathfinder which is the same unit. The vac on it is horrendous so I added a 7.2" 3 stage vac to the lid of the waste tank. Just bought another lid and epoxy, done. The next upgrade is to fit it with a 2" port and cap off the 1.5 inch one. i very rarely use it but when i do, the second vac motor completely changed the machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom