Bypassing the heat exchanger and upping the pressure on my old TM

ICleanGrout

Name
Dave
Hi all! Basically, I want to convert my old Prochem Blazer plus into a high pressure washing system and use the blower for recovery. The heat exchanger is blown or cracked (water is spewing out of the motor exhaust) question is how can i increase the pressure above 1000 psi? do i need a new pressure regulator? What's your suggestions? Thanks! Great Board BTW

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Hi all! Basically, I want to convert my old Prochem Blazer plus into a high pressure washing system and use the blower for recovery. The heat exchanger is blown or cracked (water is spewing out of the motor exhaust) question is how can i increase the pressure above 1000 psi? do i need a new pressure regulator? What's your suggestions? Thanks! Great Board BTW
You probably need to install a water pump that is capable of 3k psi.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
is your water pump a cat 340?

Reactions: ICleanGrout

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Having a good pressure washer will work better than you TM pump. I had a specialty job a few years ago where I had to clean the floors of a former dry cleaning store. All concrete but none of the effluent was allowed to go down the drains. I used a 3000 psi power washer@3.5 gpm with a hard surface tool and tile spinner, hooked up to the truck mount vacuum. Has to use an auto pump out directed into 4-45 gallon drums. The environmental authorities came in and did test swabs to make sure all the old solvent residue was gone and it passed. Great system for doing powerwashing where the waste water must be recovered.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When you convert it to pressure washing with recovery...you'll be using double or triple the amount of water and it'll be constantly shutting down with a full recovery tank. I don't know if your blazer has an APO to redirect the recovery water, but that'll certainly be needed.

ICleanGrout

Name
Dave
When you convert it to pressure washing with recovery...you'll be using double or triple the amount of water and it'll be constantly shutting down with a full recovery tank. I don't know if your blazer has an APO to redirect the recovery water, but that'll certainly be needed.
Yes I took that into consideration. thank you Matt

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom