Business goal for 2023

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
We love Property Managers and Realators. Why do you not like working for them? The ones we work for all want quality work and they never argue over price.
Mine pay great prices. But I’ve lost patience with who’s paying. Tenants, property owners, realtors office, property mangers office, lawyers offices. I just want someone to pay me when I’m done. Tired of playing 20 questions with them. And they are not the majority of my income. But the create the most money chasing.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I found that when I built a relationship with my PM's and realtors it was quite profitable. I dunno where it went wrong for you.

All of this is coming across wrong. After 15 years, I would just rather have customers to pay me at the time of service. I’ve got to the point where I feel like I don’t need Realtor’s or Property Manager’s.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It seems that you're getting more 30-45 day net customers than you are immediate pay customers.

It gets stressful when you're unpaid invoices add up

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The person who hires me is the person who pays me. I've had a pm the odd time ask me to do a job for a tenant. I ask are you paying me or the tenant? If it's the tenant, I tell the the on to have the tenant give me a call. I don't do third party anything. My PM's are all regular customers. They book the job, I do it, send the invoice, get paid. No problem.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Well aren’t all y’all flipping perfect
I’m pretty sure it’s common practice for the majority of pm’s to believe you’re gonna invoice and they’ll pay on their timeframe. I’ve yet to see one that carries their checkbook. I don’t blame you for flipping them off.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Doing all commercial I’m used to the 30 day pay. For the janitorial accnts. we bill in advance, 1st of month and expect payment by the end. For non contracts, we invoice at job end, and expect in good faith, 30 days. We send second notices before 30 days if not paid, just to let ‘em know we mean business. We are successful with that method.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
They are contractor abusers.

most, but not all.
There are some accounts that will pay you what's it's worth and be loyal.
Few and far between notwithstanding

Don't know why everyone wouldn't prefer empties over res though.
Generally less stress (no concern of knocking over anything) no yapping mutts, no homeowner slip/trip haz or kids in your spotting kit.

You're a sharp guy (so I'm not telling you anything you don't already know)
...and getting a tad burnt out after 15 years.
all I'm saying is, don't auto reject every PM or empty inquiry.
One out 20 might be a good 'un

..L.T.A.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I only have 2 PM’s that send me consistent jobs. One always pays within 30 days. Give or take. The other used to be that way until a few weeks ago. They must have had a meeting and decided to start sending me the tenants or property owners info with the work orders. Now I have to track down the people and explain that their pm wants me to clean the carpet and they also want you to pay for it. I think it’s bs and I told the pm the same. They don’t want to change back. Guess I’ll have to add a scheduling fee.

FredC

Village Idiot
Now I have to track down the people and explain that their pm wants me to clean the carpet and they also want you to pay for

How were they doing it before? I ask because in GA, and most states that I know of, you can’t dictate who the tenant uses

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom