BNI 10 Minute Presentation

nickreal

So I have my 10 minute presentation coming up this week. I want to do something out of the box. I was thinking like a quick game show type thing. Maybe answer questions and hand out candy bars or dollar bills or something. If nobody participates it could blow up in my face though. Has anyone tried anything like this before? or I'm open to other ideas....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would suggest tying something into your business not just giving things away to give them away. If you have candy with your logo on it (can order M & M's w/ur name on them, or coupns that look like money that could work, but otherwise there is no tie in.

What about bringing your van/truck/cleaning system and doing a demo right there and then?

Ken

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You need to mix it up and keep it moving the 10 minutes either flies by or is like 2 hours. My last 10 I brought a few pieces of equipment and presented a BNI rewards program for that week. Two weeks before I asked that my chapter invite guests such as carpet retailers, family business owners etc and I attacked what I thought they most would be looking for. I brought a case of Xtreme Candy it was fun. Make a point to enjoy yourself

Name
Bruce
Brian Robison said:
Drink some Green Clean out of a shot glass.

That will send them into a frenzy :mrgreen:

What?

LMAO did you end up trying that at your last meeting? if so how did it go?

can't remember the thread you posted about this in.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The rewards program booked just a couple commercial jobs that would never have fallen into my lap without prodding these(idiots) members. Bringing the retailers and local installers have paid off big time

here is the candy but I use the belts not the strawberry rolls
1-9.jpg

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you go with the Q & A presentation, have some of your friends primed in advanced with questions to ask in case the participation is slow.

Scott Warrington

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Cool Greg- can you email me where you ordered them, I've been looking into buying private labeled candy but am amazed at the cost.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do a kool-aid removal with a steamer.

Dazzle them with your brillance.

Don't ask what they can do for you. Ask how you can help them.

Be their trusted expert.

Candy won't last long for advertising. Hand out spotter and let them know that every new customer they send you to preform an on site estimate will get a free bottle of professional carpet spotter and you'll rebate a 10% referral fee back to the rereree if they choose you to clean for them.

Dave-

M

Mark Imbesi

Greg,

I take offense with you calling your BNI members IDIOTS. If they are not easily referring you and your business, it is YOUR FAULT you are not selling yourself correctly. I could have you expelled for that remark.

Greg Loe

Great idea to have them invite people for the day you do your 10 minutes.

My best 10 minute I got 9 referrals. What I did different was to have them participate in a question and suggestion period.
The first 3 minutes was on my company, the next 7 was how do they think they could help me get more referrals from BNI.
They came up with great ideas and started thinking about who they could refer.

One of the big things I've picked up on in BNI is teaching people how to get you a referral. Tell them what is not a referral. "I gave your card to some guy" is NOT a referral. I need to be able to call them. Just ask the referral if I can call them. That's it! If I can get to them I have a 90% close rate.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Have me expelled....hahaha oh please don't do that.....I'll call 911 for the waahhhmbulance for you Marc. Please don't take offense

Most of my group are a bunch of idiots. It is a bumpling start up group. I didn't say I didn't get referals I said they were idiots that is why I will expell myself

The Candy is for fun not advertising

Great Idea Greg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bruce Humphrey said:
[quote="Brian Robison":3iiyigiv]Drink some Green Clean out of a shot glass.

That will send them into a frenzy :mrgreen:

What?

LMAO did you end up trying that at your last meeting? if so how did it go?

can't remember the thread you posted about this in.[/quote:3iiyigiv]

I didn't do it because my supplier didn't have the solutions in before the meeting. And it was probably a bad idea anyway. :?
whattyagonnado.

nickreal

FYI I ended up doing a power point presentation, with a lot of pictures, got a lot of ooohhs and aahhs, fineshed it up with a multiple choice quiz with "D. All of the above" being the answer to all the questions, and gave candy bars to the people who answered. Had a lot of participation from the group and 3 referrals ( I usually get 1 on average).

Thanks again for your ideas everyone, I look forward to trying them in the future.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom