Blood on travertine advice

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Installer unplugged freezer and blood leaked on to the stone floor. Any advice on the best product to use?

Thanks

John Olson

Name
John Olson
a Protein Pultice. You can use a protien spotter and stain blotter (dimetrious earth) Spray your protein spotter and gently agitate and rinse then give it a light spray then cover with stain blotter. Make a pile about 1-2" High. Cover it so it doesn't get blown all over the place. Come back the next day sweep it up and rinse the floor.

That should take care of it. Thats the simplest way I can tell you how to do it :)

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Thanks John. I don't really to go back as I will doing this as a favor (or for a low flat rate fee) for a flooring store that gives me a lot of work. What is the more complicated way? :D

It sounds like quite a bit of blood. I was thinking of just using oxy blaster and just letting it dwell along with some light agitation from my Icapsol and then rinse with my glided greenhorn using cold water at first.

I don't have a spinner.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill;

I would recommend an oxidizer to break down the blood particles.

Even better would be an oxidizer with a compatible enzyme (DC Odor Attack).

Clean with the combo and rinse,
to see if you even need the poultice.

Larry

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Travertine=porous

It might just all come out and that would be great, if it doesn't then try a pultice.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
larry are you really that stupid to suggest that?

Greenie on Crowleys computer

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ron Lippold said:
30-40 volume peroxide and rinse

On Travertine????? :shock: I'll have to see the reaction on a peice tomorrow but I am thinking it wouldn't be good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom