Bleach Spot Dye

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Made this little bleach spot look pretty good. I skipped a step by mixing purple instead of striking blue first then red.
Worked great on this beige carpet.
Yellow was there so add blue and red !
Looks great in my Before and After album as well.

bleachspotrepair.jpg

bl2.jpg

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Wow, that is awesome. I can see how a customer would love you for that. I do have a question. How do you apply the dye? Do you just use a spray bottle? And what kind of dye kit do you have?

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
why is the carpet in before/after pics a different shade...not the spot dyed area, but everywhere else...not a great before/after pic (IMO) due to rest of carpet looking different. and the carpet with the discoloration is almost white...how due you add color and make a discoloration lighter?? You can make light turn dark...but not the other way around?? Hhmmmmmmm?? :?:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Just a suggestion: ALWAYS take several before and several after pics with and without flash. I hardly ever use the "with flash" pics. I usually snap around 20 per job.

Try to find a background ref point like an electric outlet or door jamb, always leave a pen, awl or biz card in the shot so that your camera has something to focus on and the viewer has an idea of the size. I also will leave a coin or card etc to mark the spots where my toes were positioned so that the "after" shot is from the exact same spot. Be aware of shadows, florescent or incandescent lighting in the room as they will affect how your pics will appear. On some color repair jobs, a high intensity halogen aimed at the ceiling works best until it falls over and burns a hole for you. :cry:

harryhides

Name
Tony
John Middleton said:
Tony, did you want to start a new topic on ways of generating more work? :lol:

John

Not really, John - I'm terrible at marketing.
But I do believe that a few good pictures can go a long way in marketing one's skills.

But I do have another thread in mind to start in a day or two. I have about 20 pics to go thru and edit.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
harryhides said:
John Middleton said:
Tony, did you want to start a new topic on ways of generating more work? :lol:

John

Not really, John - I'm terrible at marketing.
But I do believe that a few good pictures can go a long way in marketing one's skills.

But I do have another thread in mind to start in a day or two. I have about 20 pics to go thru and edit.

Tony, my post was tongue in cheek about your halogen lamp burning the carpet you were repairing :lol:

I've had a few boo boos myself and it's great when you have the ability to repair stuff like that.

John

Cousin

royalkid said:
how due you add color and make a discoloration lighter?? You can make light turn dark...but not the other way around?? Hhmmmmmmm?? :?:

Peter, very pale blue dye can lighten a colour slightly.

It's not the same as, but a very similar concept to optical brighteners.

Some may remember 'Blueo' (I think that's how you spell it) sticks, that mums use to use a long time ago, in washing cloths.

It was a blue stick, and had the effect of brightening whites.

M

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Nice work! Did you have to neutralize first? I can’t wait to take the color repair class. Is Jeff Cross a good instructor?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Jeff is very knowledgeable and a good guy.
He will teach you color repair principles as well as anyone.

However the real key to whether you succeed or not in this trade is dependent on only one thing:

How much time you are willing to spend practicing this skill.

When using liquid dyes, you will need to neutralize the bleach.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
harryhides said:
Jeff is very knowledgeable and a good guy.
He will teach you color repair principles as well as anyone.

However the real key to whether or you succeed or not in this trade is dependent on only one thing:

How much time you are willing to spend practicing this skill.

When using liquid dyes, you will need to neutralize the bleach.

Is this something one could CHALK up to experience ??

Ooroo,

:roll:

Back
Top Bottom