Best Adjustable Handle Floor Machine Known to Man

Name
John LaBarbera
Here's Mytee's new floor machines. $699.00 MSRP either size. We'll be build the first production run around the end of June.

FloorMachineAd.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
Thanks John, now midgets and jolly green giants are going to get into our trade it was that way for reason. :lol:

Name
John LaBarbera
Nate The Great said:
Any dual speed in the future?

A 1750 RPM Burnisher will be first after the 175's. What would you use a 2 speed for? Basically they would be 175 rpm and 300 rpm with a DC motor. I think a 275 rpm single speed AC motor would have longer life.

Name
Nate W.
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Nate The Great":xdse78kv]Any dual speed in the future?

A 1750 RPM Burnisher will be first after the 175's. What would you use a 2 speed for? Basically they would be 175 rpm and 300 rpm with a DC motor. I think a 275 rpm single speed AC motor would have longer life.[/quote:xdse78kv]

A dual speed machine has more versatility IMHO. Xerion, Ultra Dry, even encap solutions you can use it with. It does take some additional time in learning how to use it, but it will yeild better results.

Others may chime in more about other uses for a dual speed. :wink:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Love the dual speed.

And I love my dual speed adjust at the handle Tennant.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
If not dual speed, How much for the single speed 275 rpm machine? Inquiring minds wand to know..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

Name
John LaBarbera
The motor and transmission is from Imperial out of Ohio, I think. Steel gears, triple planetary, 1.5 hp. The handle locking mechanism is also harden tool steel. We'll have these units at Connections in Las Vegas, or you can see them at your local dist. If he doesn't have them tell him to call me.

Name
Jesse
Almost the best John :D .

I'd love to see a pad driver holder mounted firmly to the top of the machine (like the Viper venom machines http://www.usviper.com/product.htm) But with a locking pin so the pad driver stays on. They sell it with this feature for transport, I use it for a weight by putting a weighted pad driver on top. This allows us to use a brush and still have a weighted machine.

Also, notice the 3rd trigger on their machine, it's for releasing water from you solution tank. It's got a groove in it so that you can set the pull lever from the tank on that handle, the larger fixed handle is easy on the hand.

Name
John LaBarbera
Out Of Character said:
Almost the best John :D .

I'd love to see a pad driver holder mounted firmly to the top of the machine (like the Viper venom machines http://www.usviper.com/product.htm) But with a locking pin so the pad driver stays on. They sell it with this feature for transport, I use it for a weight by putting a weighted pad driver on top. This allows us to use a brush and still have a weighted machine.

Also, notice the 3rd trigger on their machine, it's for releasing water from you solution tank. It's got a groove in it so that you can set the pull lever from the tank on that handle, the larger fixed handle is easy on the hand.

Dude, that machine has a conventional handle. Honestly, it's not in the same league as the Mytee. The only one that even comes close is the Advance Matador. And the price of that machine will blow your door off. Even then the Mytee handle locking device is way more robust (built stronger) than the Matador.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
John, I will humbly offer to you my expert services and provide you with a real world in the trenches evaulation of your fine new product and validate your claim of developing the Best Adjustable Handle Floor Machine Known to Man. My shipping address can be found at my web site.

How much does it weigh?

Name
John LaBarbera
Newman said:
John, I will humbly offer to you my expert services and provide you with a real world in the trenches evaulation of your fine new product and validate your claim of developing the Best Adjustable Handle Floor Machine Known to Man. My shipping address can be found at my web site.

How much does it weigh?

Thanks! I don't know if I can afford all this help. lol

Weight wise I need to verify this but my guess 110 lbs

Name
Jesse
John,

I was pointing out 2 features that would make your unit better, not comparing it to their machine, I have a Viper and it's a POS. Currently the top of your machine is a wasted space like most of them, and adding a trigger handle on a hinge to the other side probably wouldn't break the bank.

PS. turning that lower cord hook to face the reverse would likely let the machine
lean back on it to change a pad. We have one machine, I think it's a NSS that has the remote handle adjustment and the cord hook positioned like I suggested. It's our techs favorite machine.

Name
John LaBarbera
Got it Jesse. Those are some good ideas. I will have to change the tooling a little bit. But especially concerning the lever for the shampoo tank would make it well worth the effort. The thing about the NSS unit I don't understand. Please elaborate. Thanks.

John

Name
Eric Valentine
I get what Jess meant. Turn the cord wrap hook so it points backwards, not off to the side. It would make a nice "kickstand" for changing pads like Jess said.

Name
John LaBarbera
Eric Valentine said:
I get what Jess meant. Turn the cord wrap hook so it points backwards, not off to the side. It would make a nice "kickstand" for changing pads like Jess said.

Thanks, yes, that makes sense. That hook is adjustable and can be turned to suit. How about a second hook up above to hold the shampoo brush or the driver?

Name
Jesse
Eric got it.

I'm looking at buffers in our shop right now, the one our guys like is actually an Advance Pacesetter not a Nss as I thought. The Advance and that Viper actually have the same hook, but the Vipers can't be turned to face the rear. The hook the above mentioned machines have is longer than whats on the other machines have + it has a slight bend to it.

Looking at the picture of the Mytee's hook it looks as if it may not serve the purpose as well, but I may be wrong. Easy test for you though.

I do like the adjustment setup, and our other imperial's have been good. I like your machine.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Out Of Character said:
John,

We have one machine, I think it's a NSS that has the remote handle adjustment and the cord hook positioned like I suggested. It's our techs favorite machine.

Is the handle adjustment like this NSS floor machine ?
17fl.jpg

I think John has a good idea on his adjustment gear.

Larry

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Dual speed for sure. Also have it built so that you can ad optional shampoo tank and/or weights.

Do those and build it well and you'll have a winner for sure.

I learned on an Advance Matador 300 rpm...they are/were great floor machines. We need a good replacement.

Take care,
Lisa

TimP

I actually need to get a floor machine in the next week or two.

Lisa is absolutely correct on what it takes to make a good floor machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom