Bad Google review

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So a John Doe left me a 1 star Google review almost 3 years ago. He used this guy that has a mini van with a sign with $99 on it and pars on the corner. His company name is Pro caret care and mine is Procare carpet & tile cleaning. I have responded to this review and flagged it, reported it. multiple times to only have google remove my response then bump it to the top of the reviews. They say it does not fall within the guide lines to remove every time I get a response from them. Is there any thing else I can do?

FredC

Village Idiot
Since it is a carpet cleaning company in your area it is unlikely to be removed by google.

The response is really the only thing you can do since you really can't contact the reviewer any other way.

I was able to find where the person cross-posted a review of the Modesto tutoring club on yelp. It was removed for violations but this is the profile it was done under

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=bpFSUWqNN9JbOj90aQDknQ

you may be able to reach out to him/her there

cch.jpg

I doubt it but it may be worth a try

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So a John Doe left me a 1 star Google review almost 3 years ago. He used this guy that has a mini van with a sign with $99 on it and pars on the corner. His company name is Pro caret care and mine is Procare carpet & tile cleaning. I have responded to this review and flagged it, reported it. multiple times to only have google remove my response then bump it to the top of the reviews. They say it does not fall within the guide lines to remove every time I get a response from them. Is there any thing else I can do?

If it's a REALLY bad review I'd consider deleting the listing and starting over(creating a new one). If you don't have a lot of reviews to begin with it's not a tremendously bad idea.

Keep in mine if you delete the listing it wont be a fast process(months) to get a new one up and running. When we moved I think it took like 3 weeks just to get the old listing take n down.

More than likely you won't get a top spot back right away if you do delete. It will take time to work your way back to first page of local listings.

And yes, his name is extremely similar to yours. If this is a huge issue maybe "Louis' procare carpet cleaning" etc... might be in your future.

Good luck.

I'd for sure try the person in the yelp review, like Fred said.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Thank you Fred. I will try to contact John Doe. It’s the only thing left to do. I don’t want to delete my listing and chance loosing y placement.

Reactions: FredC and jcooper

Ron K

I'd consider deleting the listing and starting over
That explains companies that after years of shitty reviews
all of a sudden just have 5star ones.
So when you market yours reviews you have to tell people
"Our reviews are authentic since the day we started!"
FUIMO!

Back
Top Bottom