Autoscrubber

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a few janitorial accounts, two of them have surfaces of 4,000 sq ft and 2200 sq ft. currently dustmop and mop 3 times a week. How much time and effort would be saved with an auto?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
it really depends on what surfaces we are talking about, is it vct, ceramic or concrete? i ask becasue with vct if you start to autoscrub, you will need to up the frequency of your burnishing, also depending on finish. i believe if the area you are talking about is open or there are long hallways then yes it might cut your time in half.

Name
Jesse
It depends how much open areas there are and how big of a scrubber you've got. We have small 17" units at the schools we clean, we use them everyday but usually just for the open areas, we mop under the tables (lg round ones). We usually run a white pad, the floors do look better between burnishings.

We just started using a product (DFT) that acts as a cleaner/restorer, so far it seems to work good.

Name
Jesse
Will they save enough time to pay for themselves over a reasonable period of time and include new batteries every 1-3 years----NO, especially if you buy full retail, but your floors will look better. Watch ebay, but figure you'll need new batteries on most units.

But they will save some labor and you'll have them for other uses if needed.

Do you have auto scrubbers? If not them maybe get a good sized unit and transport it around. The smaller machines we have (17's and 20's) don't have mega down pressure and have single disk heads, they are not good for stripping or aggressive scrubbing.

In this case, without knowing your biz, there is no answer that cannot be questioned.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
right now i would be looking on your local and extended crasigslist as there are lot of companies going down and plenty good used units to pick up cheap. and make sure the brand of the unit you are going to buy has a local parts dealer or service co.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Yes it would be transported to various accounts. I have plenty of room in the box

Name
Jesse
Well Crowley, your busy making the $$$$, so yes buy one.

Buy 2, get a 17 for cleaning tight areas and to use at your schools. Get a larger unit with variable down pressure when you want to spend more $$$.

Do you have a ramp or a lift? Our box has a pull out ramp, not the best for heavy or large machines. I put a 12V winch in the back with remote control, now one person can get a 200-1000lb machine loaded solo. Some scrubbers are way to large for a U-haul style ramp, pulling a trailer is a pita.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh maybe like a ride on autoscrubber...

I have 2 26" ones that go up my truck ramp just fine..

90% of 20" or larger are self propelled so they should go up just fine

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have the pull out ramp as well I was going to raise the price on the accounts $30 a week each and I figured that would pay for the equipment. I gave both accounts a decision last month on moving away from my company because I don't like to do the work and both said make it worth it next contract we don't want to lose you. I was hoping to dump them but I told them about the increase and they have no problem so now I want to make life easier on me.

My mistake I heard the rumblings of "whatcha gonna do in the winter" and figured a couple weekly gigs would work and I hate them but can't cut them for personal reasons

CleanFreak.com

Supportive Member
Name
CleanFreak.com
Matt Murdock said:
I have a few janitorial accounts, two of them have surfaces of 4,000 sq ft and 2200 sq ft. currently dustmop and mop 3 times a week. How much time and effort would be saved with an auto?

Matt,

We have an 18" electric powered scrubber, that would be your most economical option. You are always fighting the electrical cord, but it has a great value. It is a Viper scrubber, which is made in China, but they have a great warranty plan! (**Note: We also have American scrubbers that are priced great!!)

Viper Electric Auto Scrubber

This machine is on sale for $1499.00 right now, but with your Mikeysboard 10% discount, you'd be looking at a sale price of $1349.10, plus shipping!!

We also have 20" & 24" battery scrubbers available at very affordable prices. If you have any interest, please let me know.

As for your time saving. It would probably cut your cleaning time in half, but decrease your times between burnishings. At the same time, you could probably bill them for this. All in all, if it saves 30 minutes a week, what's an extra burnishing every other month. Either way, your save time!!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom