Ask the expert

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I always thought it would be a good idea to have an "ask the expert" section.
Tom is right that a lot of people become turned off reading 10 useless responses to find that 1 qualified one.

So why not have a section for instructors to answer serious questions. Guys like tom, pemberton, twins,scott etc.
I'm sure many times they dont answer a question because they dont want to offend one of us knuckleheads or get into some stoopid internet argument.

Options are good...
Some people want dry, serious answers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-shocked001.gif

steve_64

I like that idea. :cool:

But how would you prevent cleaners from answering the question or challenging the response?
you just state the etiquette and the moderator deletes any replies from me or any other smart asses.:icon_twisted:

he could even rephrase post when there is something of value in a smart assed reply. just state that it has been edited.

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, lets see if I understand this.

I could answer any questions you lemmings ask of me and I could completely delete any smart-assed comment Boyle makes?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I like that idea. :cool:

But how would you prevent cleaners from answering the question or challenging the response?

Gonna have to put it in BIG BOLD LETTERS, I mean really, really big.

and the moderators will have to well... moderate. :biggrin:

What do ya think this JOB is all roses?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
There is a certain element to this virtual world of ours that just does not want to discuss their issue or expose their ignorance in public.

The PM system is here for that.

A designated room or thread set aside just for the gurus would die a quick death.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I belong to a controls forum where they have an "ask the experts" area. You must have so many posts to even be considered as one of the "experts", then be approved by the board admin.
Absolutely no one but the experts can answer. Anyone else who answers is given one warning. If they answer a second time they are banned. Arguments are just not permitted, and it is enforced. The experts have their own user group, like our supporting members.
Folks who ask questions know they are getting information from acknowledged industry experts. If any of us "peons" disagree with an answer we are free to start a thread in the regular areas to discuss it. It is extremely popular.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Almost forgot. Answers to those not in the trade are not permitted. If the experts feel the asker is not a pro they ask a few pointed questions before answering the question.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Scott W answering questions about which BP product to use, you answering questions about 405's, call it what you want..... guru is as good as any.

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I LOVE this idea. Maybe it would be a fast death, maybe it wouldn't. No hurt in trying. If it fizzles, then so be it....but I think it would sizzle.

Try for a month, if it doesn't work out, then shut it down.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
An interesting concept the "GURU "

If one thinks they ARE one...they aren't.

I was thinking professional instructor types.
Mike is pretty good about that kind of stuff, he wouldnt allow any riff raff.

Probably right tho, wouldnt work, dont bother...

Back
Top Bottom