Anyone use Jobber cloud base software? .. instead of service monster..

Name
I'm Rick James
It is so hard to find a software system that I like and is easy to use.. Right now I use service monster, almost went with service minder but it just wasn't as fluid.. so I found Jobber and I gotta say I really like the flow and even the mobile version. Its around $40 a month and offers the same features as service monster.. nothing against service monster but I think they need to do a general update of their software and be more progressive with their growth.

http://getjobber.com/

Just throwing this out there and if there is any feedback..

Reactions: Jobber and Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I use Service Monster and am a fan but it's good to have this kind of competition. Please keep us updated if you try it. I'm looking forward to an update that's supposed to be coming to SM.

The Clean Machine

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
SM just needs to work out how to integrate my online scheduling to theirs and it will be awesome. The fiddle bug deal they started is way over priced.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Service monster needs to sync with quick books online and I mean soon or I'll be shopping for a replacement.

In fact I was just on this jobber site and it already syncs with quick books online so I may check it out.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Dan
Name
I'm Rick James
I use Service Monster and am a fan but it's good to have this kind of competition. Please keep us updated if you try it. I'm looking forward to an update that's supposed to be coming to SM.

The Clean Machine

My CSM is transferring everything over there and hopefully be running live with it by next week. I will let you know how it goes..

Name
I'm Rick James
SM just needs to work out how to integrate my online scheduling to theirs and it will be awesome. The fiddle bug deal they started is way over priced.

They work with 3rd party companies and will have their own live scheduler by the end of this year. FB and SM is at least $3600 a year..

Name
I'm Rick James
Service monster needs to sync with quick books online and I mean soon or I'll be shopping for a replacement.

In fact I was just on this jobber site and it already syncs with quick books online so I may check it out.

That is one of the reason I went with jobber.. its not the one all end all program, but I am liking it a lot better than SM.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio

FittleBug's relationship with ServiceMonster is just one of an Interface partnership, and we have no equity interest in each other. Regarding your suggestion of overpricing, I suggest that you review Plan B. If one is a believer in real-time scheduling as a value proposition and not willing to invest $50 a month in such a concept, then FittleBug is not the right tool for those providers. FittleBug is an investment in a companies offerings that if shared with consumers properly has and can provide a value of tremendous returns. I'm happy to discuss, I just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
FittleBug's relationship with ServiceMonster is just one of an Interface partnership, and we have no equity interest in each other. Regarding your suggestion of overpricing, I suggest that you review Plan B. If one is a believer in real-time scheduling as a value proposition and not willing to invest $50 a month in such a concept, then FittleBug is not the right tool for those providers. FittleBug is an investment in a companies offerings that if shared with consumers properly has and can provide a value of tremendous returns. I'm happy to discuss, I just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions.

Thanks for you attention to this subject it shows that you are on top of your business. Just to make sure i understand right, has the Plan B changed since i last looked into it a few months back? From what i understood when we where looking into it the initial investment was a $200 set up, $50 monthly incensing fee as well as 15% transaction fee from the total sale. Has Plan B package been reworked to only $50 per month total expence?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
to be honest i like SM overall its just the online booking that i would like to see integrated. I already have a basic online bid and scheduler set up on our site and it emails me the appointments and jobs. The only thing is that it is not live with SM. Basically we use appointment time 3hr window of arrival and then for the most part we can fit it in the live Sm schedule. check it out www.bamaclean.com you can try it out just dont book a bogus time. aslo if you are looking for online solutions to the job booking http://www.appointmentquest.com/ is an ok deal as well.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
to be honest i like SM overall its just the online booking that i would like to see integrated. I already have a basic online bid and scheduler set up on our site and it emails me the appointments and jobs. The only thing is that it is not live with SM. Basically we use appointment time 3hr window of arrival and then for the most part we can fit it in the live Sm schedule. check it out www.bamaclean.com you can try it out just dont book a bogus time. aslo if you are looking for online solutions to the job booking http://www.appointmentquest.com/ is an ok deal as well.

I don't know your name or anything about you, but I am concerned for you. You appear to want to be part of a consumer's desired technological wishes, but there are issues that you are not aware. I have reviewed the offering on your site. If you would like to hear them as opposed to posting here, please drop me a line... 630-444-2000. Respectfully, Steve

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
Hey guys! I hope its ok to post here. I apologize if it is not allowed.

Appreciate those who have given us a try and liked it and also thanks for sharing our videos in the thread Caduceus.

If anyone has any questions about Jobber I am happy to answer them. I love being apart of all the industry forums and talking with all the members.

-Landen

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
We have made some recent updates to our custom fields and also our function to move visits for days where you might not be able to make it.

Would anyone here be interested in the beta for the Android and iOS apps? Android we are already testing and the iOS app will be going to an public beta soon. Just checking around if there are people who would be interested in trying it out.

-Landen

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd check it out. I use SM and am happy but I like trying new tech.

I wish there was a program that would handle expenses too. I guess QB online is the best at that so far?

The Clean Machine

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
Hey Knoxclean, what do you mean they handle all the mail outs for you. Jobber has batch invoicing for printing or emailing out your invoices. I'm not sure if that is what you are asking about though.

Russ I also like trying out new programs and such, and I think its a good idea for anyone to try out as many programs as they can soft management software so they end up with something that will fit them best. If you did do a trial just to take a look around that would be awesome. We are always open to feedback and act on it as quickly as we can.

Jobber does have an expenses add-on, but it is pretty basic since most people do just use QBO for that sort of things. I have not actually looked that deep into how our QB sync works with out expenses add-on so I will look into that and see how it works.

-Landen

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Hey Knoxclean, what do you mean they handle all the mail outs for you. Jobber has batch invoicing for printing or emailing out your invoices. I'm not sure if that is what you are asking about though.

Russ I also like trying out new programs and such, and I think its a good idea for anyone to try out as many programs as they can soft management software so they end up with something that will fit them best. If you did do a trial just to take a look around that would be awesome. We are always open to feedback and act on it as quickly as we can.

Jobber does have an expenses add-on, but it is pretty basic since most people do just use QBO for that sort of things. I have not actually looked that deep into how our QB sync works with out expenses add-on so I will look into that and see how it works.

-Landen

What he means is ServiceMonster has a system for automatically sending out physical reminder and thank you cards at the appropriate time intervals.

That is the feature that keeps me with them even though they don't sync with quick books online which means double entry on everything.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
ServiceMonster updates...

OK Gentleman, I will address these issues in turn.

1. Fittlebug - Steve is just WAY first to the marketplace, which is coming. Think app store for ServiceMonster, on steroids, with all the brand names you trust. Steve is just very good at being first and that has real value. Pricy perhaps, but Cleaners are making good money off of that deal.

2. Scheduling Sync: This one is almost complete. Then we will have two way syncing with Google calendar. I have yet to see any competitor do this right (mostly one way sync).

3. QuickBooks online: Intuit needs an ass-whipin’. They have changed direction several times in the past 11 years we’ve been around, and none of their data syncs are stable. We are watching closely. If you’re super simple with your ledger it’s a fair bit easier. Many of our clients don’t fit into that category.

4. Mobile 2 face-lift. The Mobile 3 project is just now getting started but until that is ready we will be releasing a Mobile 2 POS for order entry that is a DREAM! That one is getting tested now. If you want a sneak peak let me know.

5. ServiceMonster 6: I could spend all day taking about this one. This kind of technology is the entire reason I created this company. I'm involved with a small group of tech nerds and we have reinvented the internet. Some of our corporate products have been running this tech for years. It is very hard for me to see new SaaS companies using stuff we developed 4 years ago, and have just been slowed by a 3x grown rate.

6. Production Upgrades: NEW FMS PRINTERS! Custom front coming soon. Auto-Business card insert fulfillment, small postcard runs and MORE!

7. Releases: we plan on releasing Mobile 3 and ServiceMonster 6 in stages and side-by-side with ServiceMonster 5 and mobile 2. A clean, optional roll-out.

At Principal Focus, we have double our development staff in the last few months, along with key hiring several key positions which should really help to get these projects closed out.

We are cranking code. Every day. All day. I can’t wait to show you guys what we have up our sleeves. ;)

Cheers,
~Joe

Reactions: TomKing and AJR

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
What he means is ServiceMonster has a system for automatically sending out physical reminder and thank you cards at the appropriate time intervals.

That is the feature that keeps me with them even though they don't sync with quick books online which means double entry on everything.

Ah ok I see thanks. Thats interesting, I might have to look into that.

-Landen

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It just boggles my mind that some of you think FB n SM are over priced!?!?
Ok-- so most of you probably never went to college or business school or don't read business books so maybe that is why you think this way... apologize to those who have-- BUT this is for YOUR OWN GOOD...
Companies that don't embrace technology will be replaced by companies that DO.
So which costs more?-- paying for tech or losing your company to it?

I fell your pain if you are struggling- its hard out there for OO and small firms-- but if you want the pain to stop- then quit or - Get out of your own way and change your beliefs or read a book.

I'm loving FB n SM cus it makes me money while I sleep or do other things... I love seeing jobs being booked after hours or when the phone lines are too busy.
And I'm working on an advertising campaign for my custys who booked online to remind them of the benefits of FB's SAFE program, which allows the to earn cleaning credits just for referring friends and family-- if this SAFE thing works like I hope it will--- it will be the "nail in the coffin" for some of my competitors.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I dig SM and am considering this Fittlebug business. I'm constantly telling my wife "we need to be like the easy button". I think FB might be part of making that happen. I guess my only fear is this, we are a very small company (me and 2 vans) at the moment and scheduling "mishaps" could be a big problem. I also don't want another $200 bill each Winter but I suppose I could probably pay ahead or put it on pause while Iowa turns into a frozen tundra for 4 months.

The Clean Machine

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
It just boggles my mind that some of you think FB n SM are over priced!?!?
Ok-- so most of you probably never went to college or business school or don't read business books so maybe that is why you think this way... apologize to those who have-- BUT this is for YOUR OWN GOOD...
Companies that don't embrace technology will be replaced by companies that DO.
So which costs more?-- paying for tech or losing your company to it?

I fell your pain if you are struggling- its hard out there for OO and small firms-- but if you want the pain to stop- then quit or - Get out of your own way and change your beliefs or read a book.

I'm loving FB n SM cus it makes me money while I sleep or do other things... I love seeing jobs being booked after hours or when the phone lines are too busy.
And I'm working on an advertising campaign for my custys who booked online to remind them of the benefits of FB's SAFE program, which allows the to earn cleaning credits just for referring friends and family-- if this SAFE thing works like I hope it will--- it will be the "nail in the coffin" for some of my competitors.

Its not just the cost of fittle and sm but also the cost to drive traffic.
IE adwords, seo, yelp etc...

Some of these guys flat out do not have the search traffic.

Reactions: Russ T.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Fullslate.com

Online real time scheduling for 29.95 per month. You can require they pay in full or pay deposit when they schedule if you want for no extra money.

Integrates well with your website, collects reviews for you and it syncs with quick books online. I'm still setting mine up so it's not done but you can get the jist of how it works at http://allstarsteamcleaning.com/appointments/

I badly wanted to go with fittlebug but 20% of jobs booked is just too rich for my blood that's with plan B it 15% of every job booked plus $50 per month. Now if you do enough volume with it you can potentially get on the flat $200 a month plan and drive that percentage down.

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I dig SM and am considering this Fittlebug business. I'm constantly telling my wife "we need to be like the easy button". I think FB might be part of making that happen. I guess my only fear is this, we are a very small company (me and 2 vans) at the moment and scheduling "mishaps" could be a big problem. I also don't want another $200 bill each Winter but I suppose I could probably pay ahead or put it on pause while Iowa turns into a frozen tundra for 4 months.

The Clean Machine

If I were in your shoes Russ I would offer snow plowing during the winter months and have that on SM n FB.. or you could just hibernate?

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom