Anyone use bench craft golf course scorecard and guide advertising?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I am in several golf courses this year for the first time. I took the deal. Mine is for 1 year and I got some deals of buy one get one.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I golf 2-3 times a week and cannot remember the last time I looked at a ad on a scorecard.
Ranks right up there with restaurant place mat ads imo.

I've been golfing for many, many years (unfortunately not 2-3 times a week:cry:) and like KevinD I've never once thought about calling, much less buying, anything on a scorecard, golf bench, tee box sign etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moser Brothers

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
My thought is - How many lady golfers are out there? Because the men aren't the ones concerned about cleaning the carpet. But... at that price I would be tempted to give it a try. Add a line that says for every call we get that tells us they found us at the golf course we buy you a burger and a beer at the club house... or whatever.

Reactions: Onfire_02_01

Josh

Supportive Member
Name
Josh
Just got a call from them yesterday.
The guy said it works!

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
My thought is - How many lady golfers are out there? Because the men aren't the ones concerned about cleaning the carpet. But... at that price I would be tempted to give it a try. Add a line that says for every call we get that tells us they found us at the golf course we buy you a burger and a beer at the club house... or whatever.

These are my thoughts exactly about it. However, I do get a surprising number of calls from husbands who set up the appointment and let their wives deal with the actual appointment. So I will give it a try for one year and see. Golfers usually have a higher than average income, so there is that going for a benefit.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I'd ask them how much do they believe in what they are selling?
I'd want them to give me one on a trial basis.

If it works as they say, not only will I pay for the one they fronted me on but I'll buy all the others in the city.

If it doesn't...well bullshit walks. :winky:

LOL...I've tried that a couple of times with coupon magazine sales guys. They never want to make that deal with me for some reason.:lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I would run from these guys at BenchCraft Ads.

I paid for 3 years at 4 or 5 courses and never got a single call.

Kinda sleezy sales approach. Over promise and WAY under deliver if you ask me.

NEVER will they sucker me again.
Damn it, you dug up a 2016 thread. Sorry Lyon, hope you don't get desperate this year. hold the line.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Not sure which company got me on that but it was not a good experience. The course never opened, they billed me and kept billing me. I finally got the cc company reverse the charges. May not be the case for you but be careful. If I ever did something like that again, I would insist on making the payment myself, not automatic withdrawal.

Connor

Name
Connor
I get them call me and tell me they are partnered with the local municipal course, nicknamed the "cabbage patch" and the Augusta National Golf Club. I just hang up. They are usually calling from an Arizona number.

Currently the latest rage is "geofencing" where they are "putting your name on the cell phone of every person that attends..." whatever venue they name. Usually it's a high school team. I called the high school athletics department and they tell me they know nothing about it.

jamiek

Name
Jamie
For $395, the sale rep quoted for 106,000 scorecards at my local golf course. Sounds too good to be true
http://benchcraftcompany.com/

And they have a excellent 1.5 star yelp rating
I wanted to elevate this thread because they are still out there scamming people. Just got a new rep trying to sell me. I had a new business and was putting money into advertising and figured it would be good. 3 years ago I went for 4 country clubs and never had a single ad publish/printed or even finished from the design group. Everyone here seems to have figured them out, just wanted to echo it.

Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I've been golfing for many, many years (unfortunately not 2-3 times a week:cry:) and like KevinD I've never once thought about calling, much less buying, anything on a scorecard, golf bench, tee box sign etc.
How bout the ball washer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom