anyone run a natural gas van and or TM

Name
R.J. Povio
I am curious about trying to run a fullsize van and a truckmount on natural gas. We use slide ins but a direct drive would be alot more sensible when attempting to run on NG. I have read that in our part of the country (New York State) it would be about 80 cents per gallon to burn NG versus gasoline. Add its better for the environment. Cheaper probably because NYS doesnt have there hand in on taxing the shit out of NG yet. I would like any feedback good or bad. thank you.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Really want to save money? And not spend a TON on converting to CNG?

Buy a Diesel Van... Dump Filtered Waste Vegetable oil in... Drive.

OR just buy a diesel for the 60+% gain in fuel economy, my 1ton e-350 ambulance gets 21mpg in town... fully loaded.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Baneclenes fleet was natural gas for a number of years...

Coupled with electric plug in carpet cleaning very very efficent

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Not all CNG gas stations are that cheap, i've also looked into it and for the last decade many have been closed due to lost in business. There are private filling stations(no gas stations) that used to be opened to the public but know only allow govt commercial/fleet vehicles, these are typically owned by your local gas company in town. Many have various stations within 5-15 miles or less apart from your residency but yet you can't access them. I've seen NG filling stations @ $2-3/gallon, not much difference unless you're in utah or OK.

Mike Draper

Living in utah its something we were very close to doing. however, obama has vrtually shutdown 85 percent of the ng driiling areas in utah, wyoming this past few months. so who the hell knows whats going to happen to nat gas prices in the next year. Actually, i know what's goinh to happen, they will go up in price. Remeber obama's pledge when he was runnin for president..........."we need to become energy independant from other countries. I would just wait and see what's going to happen in the next year before you invest in cng for vehicles. FYI, B.O also shut down all the oil drilling in rock springs area of wyoming, virtually made the place a ghost town. now the barren landscape and tumble weeds up there can grow in peace.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom