Any electric GROUT brushes out there??

hanks75

There has to be an easier way to agitate grout lines beside manual back breaking labor!!!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
There are brushes that mount to rotary machines like a 175.
Easy to find if that is what you meant.

dgargan

We use the cimex machine with brushes , a brush on the rotary or a grout brush on a CCS machine depending how big the job is

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Imagine this.

In a form of an small electric chain saw, where instead of the chain blades, there would be different sizes of chain brushes. Also different hardness. It could have a chain cover all the way around where only the top couple of inches are showing. That will stop the stuff splashing around.

As the chain goes around into the machine, it could have a crud collector/brush cleaner compartment, that way the chainbrush will be coming back out clean and ready to scrub.

I've been dreaming about a machine like that since I started scrubbing grouts. Over 10years ago. I should just make a unit like that...

Can anyone else picture what I'm trying to say.... I wish I could draw. I would draw a picture- I suck at drawing so bad I mess up a stick figure if I try to draw one...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What does "stained" mean Gene?.

IMO, if you have to scrub grout lines a rotary will more then likely not get into the grout lines. The best though ime has been the grout brush on the op machine. I've used it a few times when there are wide grout joints that are not too recessed.

Albert

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I don't do a lot of ceramic but never had a problem with that brush not getting down into the grout lines. The black bristles around the edge dig in becuase they're stiffer than the white bristles in the center (they tend to lay over and hit the surface of the tile)... And its good for digging pet hair out of cut pile....

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
CCS Brute OP with varying-length bristle brush works good if you add about 25 lbs. weight to the head.

But a grout brush on a pole does the job most of the time.

John Buxton

I've been thinking about this. An electric or cordless edge lawn trimmer with a complete shroud to keep the water from flying. Put a cimex pad on it and you'd agitate the hell out it. Lightweight and cheap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom