another wood inquiry..

Mikey P

Administrator
these folks are moving in to a new home where the wood could use some work. They requested I come out and "Buff and Polish" and specifically asked for it not to be sanded.

between the fading and scratching on this AO finish, I can't imagine them being happy with the results of cleaning and a white pad.neutral cleaner buffing...

What would Cornpoke do?

Image-3.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Did you test for any mop and glow crap on top? Do those big scratches look like they’re deep in the wood?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And if they requested no sanding/screening, then the Tykoat/streetshoe gloss method is the only way to make it look more presentable.

I called Basic yesterday after reading your links on AO and asked them if their products will bond to that kind of finish and they said yes

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yes it can be scrubbed and recoated. Yes the deep scratches will show through the new finish in the right light. Yes any color shifting will also show through.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What would Cornpoke do?

draw the blinds closed

no screening and refinish
you can try some Old English scratch cover.
It doesn't make 'em go away, just puts some color in the scratch so it's not as obvious
and draw the blinds.....

no clue how you could fix the fade

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Did you learn all that swabbing decks?

It is funny how the accumulation of experience affects one’s business. I learned to be fussy; metal coatings require attention to the most difficult places. The seams, the inaccessible corners, everything. If even a speck of rust is left, it will grow under the paint and cause damage.
Now, it is second nature to get down and close, looking for the stray bits of contamination. It is “normal” to slow down and pick at the paint specks.
So yes in a way, you are correct, Damon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom