Amp draw on bucket heater??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
What is the amp draw on bucket heater

Gonna do Resty tonight and don't want to overload circuits....

John Watson

Most are 1000-1500 watts, Ask where breaker box is just incase you trip one. A real pain if they already left and its in the locked office. Also ask if they have seperate circuts.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
most bucket heayers are 1000 watts. you could almost get away w/ runnin 2 at once. I run a porty and what I doo when I dont want to use the turbo heater is drop the bucket heater in my fresh water tank at let it stay there all night. because the water at a restraunt is hot to begin with after about 25 - 30 min the water in your solution tank will damn near hit about 180 - 190 degrees

Greenie

I wouldn't put it in the tank, it's sure to be on the same circuit, I'd have 2 bucket heaters in a couple of 7 gal buckets in the kitchen warming the already warmed water....Away from your machine, then you just keep the 10-12 gal circus rolling along, on this rotation you will have fairly hot water as you need it, just be real careful pouring 160º water into your porty 5-6 gal. at a time!

And yes, I would still run an inline heater out by the machine for a last min. 210º spike.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Greenie said:
just be real careful pouring 160º water into your porty 5-6 gal. at a time!

That's for sure. No way I'd carry and pour water that hot. Just take one slip and you'd be very uncomfortable....or worse.

Why not just use an extension cord for the bucket heater so you're not on the same circuit(s) as the machine?

Take care,
Lisa

DRScrivner

I run two bucket heaters all the time on the same bathroom circuit.

Two Tips:

1) If you wanna get water hot much more quickly fill one bucket up and throw both heaters in the that bucket. Use that bucket first in your porty and when you refill both buckets put a heater in each bucket.

2) Now for the single best bucket heater trick (for me anyway)...

Those buckets will boil. In residential settings you will usually use a bathroom. Flooring of choice in many bathrooms is soft vinyl flooring. Guess what happens to a 5 GAL full bucket of water (42 pounds) that is boiling on a vinyl floor. Ding, ding, ding that is correct it melts the vinyl floor- TRUST ME I learned the hard way.

Now I carry four bound edge, heavy density, nylon carpet samples. I place TWO under each bucket, no matter what the floor is made of. It shows care and concern, it prevents damage to vinyl and other delicate floors, and if your bucket breaks (I've had that too) it is somewhat of a sponge if they are nylon samples.

DRScrivner

I dump 211 degree water in my porty all the time, but you gotta wear gloves and be DAMN CAREFUL!

Able 1

Name
Keith
What about pre-heating my FW tanks (60 gal per tank) w/bucket heaters? I was just thinking about this today while blowing icecubes into my FW tank... I really notice a huge difference in my cleaning temps. during this time of year...

Greenie

DRScrivner said:
I dump 211 degree water in my porty all the time, but you gotta wear gloves and be DAMN CAREFUL!

well...now we know why that pump took a crap on you.
160º max. Anythign past that is all about inline heaters after the pump.

btw: huge difference in pouring 160 on your foot vs; 211, ask me how I know?

DRScrivner

Greenie said:
DRScrivner said:

Well crap I didn't know that, I killed it then.

I wear cotton work gloves and have gotten them in the boiling water using my "dipper" bucket to fill sprayer jugs for HOT prespray. Them scorching hot wet cotton gloves come off real fast.

Farenheit251

The kitchen water is already pretty hot. You would be better off spinning a red pad over the place than wasting time with bucket heaters. It will also give you a selling point over the TM guys. I started out doing greasepits with a 100 psi Ninja porty-doesn't really matter if everything is broken loose from the fiber. The porty best used for flushing/rinsing not cleaning.

R

rotovacguy

DRScrivner said:
Greenie said:
DRScrivner said:

Well crap I didn't know that, I killed it then.

I wear cotton work gloves and have gotten them in the boiling water using my "dipper" bucket to fill sprayer jugs for HOT prespray. Them scorching hot wet cotton gloves come off real fast.

Yeah, I thought 140 degrees was the most you could run through most pumps, with standard seals. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought you could put some special seals in that would accept up to 180 degrees, but the cost is substantial, far better off putting the money towards a decent heat source...heat it AFTER the pump.

BTW, Greenie.....I would love to hear your story with the hot water on your foot. :lol:

DRScrivner

Yeah, just got the word from Shawn at Pump-Tec that 140 is max.

Now I know I killed poor little "pumpy" prematurely- RIP Little Buddy.

And I was always trying to get my water hotter and hotter, just in the wrong place- OOOPS!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom