Agitator 20 (US Products) - or - Steamin Demon?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
has anyone here looked at both these machines, and chosen one over the other? if so, can you please post why.

i understand they are different animals in that one is high-flow, the other lower-flow but with a brush-roll. so both have their benefits.

this would be for commercial only. feel free to PM or email me privately :)

thanx --- Derek.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Derek I looked at one of the those and they are not a brush roll agitator.
Its some sort of looped device that rotates and gently hits the carpet.
Think of the "Rug Buster" vac they sell for vacuuming rugs.
I'm all in favor of the low pressure VS the Steamon Seamon's high flow.

But sadly they are both OVERPRICED!

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Derek, A good portable and a rv360 or cmx 20 will work just as
well and will not cost much more.

All The Best, Rob

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
yea Jimmy, def over-priced from what i can see. my Cimex will make me far more $ than either of these machines would, and costs 50% less. but for some trashed restaurants or other places that i'd be better off flushing, i gotta consider one...a TM can't hang in the trailer park.

thanx Rob, but the setup time and storage of all that stuff is not even worth it for me. been the Portable route and hopefully never again. it works for alotta guys, not me...considering my focus is commercial.

haven't used a S.D. or A-20, but seems alot easier to setup & store (cold N.Y. winters). they're both alot lighter weight than a portable. plus a bucket brigade is something i can't do on the size comm jobs i am doing solo.

but thanx for the idea, i can see that system would give excellent results.

--- Derek.

Jim England

Steamin Demon

Derek, I sell the steamin demon so you may think I'm biased, but I will tell you what we have found with our own carpet cleaning company. We have two steamin demons and have tried other portables. The reason we like the SD over other portables and even truck mounts is because they are light at 30lbs or so and very easy to use and versatile. I have seen nothing that will flush a carpet like the SD and the dry times are great. They can be used for flood jobs (as long as you don't set them knee deep in water) they will continuously pump down a drain or into the back yard. The standard units will pump 150 to 200 feet and the optional dual discharge will pump out 450 feet. Sense you can use just about any water and drain you very seldom need any where near that much hose. If you just pre-spray and extract they will clean as good as most portables, but if you pre- scrub with a rotary, OP, CRB, etc they will give results that any truck mount will give, and better than most IMO. We had a Power Clean Genisis 59 truck mount and even using a rotovac we could not get the carpets any cleaner than we could by pre scrubing and using the steamin Demon. What does any truck mount or portable do? it simply squirts water into the carpet and sucks the water back out. Most of the actual cleaning is done by the chemicals, but other portables and truck mounts only apply about 1/2 to 2 gallons of water per minute, where the steamin demon applies 3 to 4 gallons per minute. The difference is that they are shooting the spray into the carpet at 200 to 500 psi and the SD is just flooding the carpet at almost no psi right in front of the pickup shoe so the water is flushed through the carpet fibers in larger quantities but is not driven deep into the carpet backing and pad.and is quickly recovered.
Thats one of the reasons the dry times are so good. We typically have 3 to 4 hour dry times in residential carpet and less on commercial. No one machine is the end all, but for most extraction jobs for the money I'll go with the SD.
BTW the MFS price on the classic is $3395.00 and the XL 15 inch is $2695.00 and the XL 20 inch is $2995.00. Our prices are less so you can email or call for your price. NOT that I'm trying to sell you one. LOL
Oh by the way I'm not knocking truck mounts, so don't get all over me.
Jim England
smart-cleaning-solutions.com

Jerry

Supportive Member
I always get a kick out of the name"steamin demon" you may have steam for a few seconds until the hot water heater runs out, but after that its got to be luke warm at best. I have demoed them and they are a decent machine for some situations but not at everything. Something for the toolbox.
Jerry

Matt King

I agree with Jerry. Just another tool for the 'toolbox'. Not that the SD is bad. It's just not for everything as some would have you to believe.. Having used both, I prefer the Classic. I didn't like the XL at all.. You'd spend so much money on bags for that thing you could buy a nice TM.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The "Toolbox" that would spend more time in the corner of your basement.

brocksdad

I agree with some that it has its place I have one. I did an empty office that was being remodeled it was 8100 sq. ft. all open I got it done in 5 hours I couldn't use my tm it was an old folks home so I couldn't run hoses through the building because of all the wheel chairs. I got it done in five and a half hours by myself. I put down my pre spray with my rotary and shampoo tank.

I got a contract doing a bunch of army barracks and used the SD for that job also. I also used it for a while when I rebuilt the motor in my van. It is a great machine to have as a back up for what ever.

I do quite a bit of encap with my rotary now that I got a tank for it though. I did buy mine used off the Magic Wand web site for less than half what a new one costs. The guy I bought it from switched over to using a Whitaker so he didn't have use for it any more.

I have the XL -15 not by choice but because I got a good deal like I said. I don't use the bag filters either. I just double up pantie hose and don't have any problem with the pick up. One knee high just lets to much by but when I put one inside the other that was the ticket.

-JB-

Name
JB
Hmmmmmm?
Sounds like I should look into one, if they might work.
:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom