Agitation- OP or 175?

tim

Just wondering what people think. I have a challenger, ccs blue and a 20 inch brute. Currently I am agitating with a procaps deluxe (residential) Cimex for commercial. For residential, agitation with OP or 175 rotary? In an earlier post, ScottW said rotary would outclean the procaps. Now I am wondering after seeing all the posts on the CX if it would scrub in the prespray better than a rotary. Contemplating buying a new 175 weighted machine but may want to load up an OP to prescrub instead. Any one compare the 2?

Tim,

All have a very important place in the tool box. I have in mine 175, 17" defender, 20 Brute, Procaps, and a Cimex. I would not be with out any of them. I will not pre scrub and plush with OP that's where I love CRB Procaps.

I love digging out all that crap making the custy feel like I'm doing somthing she has not seen before.

Scott Rogers

Tim, You arent cleaning with your procap your prescrubbing correct? You dont need a 175 to do what you can already do with the machine you have. If you didnt have either then the 175 would be a good option, but where just talking about prescrubbing. use what you got. Heck most carpet cleaners dont scrub at all so you are already ahead of the game.

Scottie

CRB does a great job. Sold my wiggly giggly and have not looked back.
I am also amazed at the amount of crud that comes out, and yes we pre vac. :D

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Scott Rogers said:
Heck most carpet cleaners dont scrub at all so you are already ahead of the game.

tru-dat

Tim, an OP will scrub better than a rotary.
having said that, we rarely use ours for pre-scrubbing.
why?
cause...a rotary is easier, faster and more efficient.
The small benefit of additional agitation is not worth added effort of running an OP.

as a "stand alone" VLM cleaning method, we grab the OP and a bucket of pads every time.
But for pre-scrubbing, it's the rotary with the right choice of bonnet or VCT pad for us

..L.T.A.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
In the past I have used a 175 rotary to agitate and then post pad.then I picked up an OP unit for a few reasons.

It's lighter than my rotary...none of us are getting younger!

It picks up soil better...cotton absorbs better than those thick synthetic bonnets.

Which is faster?...Rotary
Which cleans better?...Op

Would I use both on the same job,in conjunction with HWE?......No!

Now you can use your rotary with 2 different drivers.I used to use the driver that has a brush ring around the perimeter and an open area to place a old style bonnet-to agitate.

Then after HWE I would go back over with rotary and using the flat-but nibbed pad driver with a black-vct pad sandwiched between a cotton OP pad,to post rota-pad.

If I had to go back and use that method today,I know it clean the way I need it to.
Patrick

Rob Rocha

Tim
I'm new to the op, but I can tell you about the 175. I use one it weighs around a hundred lbs and scrubs great on most any kind of carpet.
I use a dry synthetic green strip to aggitate or a cotton pad dry if there is plenty of prespray, because there will be almost to must scrubbing if its not wet enough with cotton and 175, but the combo's an incredible aggitator and cleaner. I used a cotton and 175 the other day on a real nasty one, it did an amazing job on it.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Tim I scrub most all my work with a 175. I use it to lay down the pre spray (I have a tank on it - why spray then scrub when you can do it at the same time..) and it does a great job. Only downside of the 175 is it's bulkiness/weight, so I'm thinking of trying a gravity fed CRB machine to lay down the chems. Are you unhappy with the results your Procaps machine gives? Never used an OP sorry.

tim

Im not unhappy with the procaps, just always want to do the best job possible. Scott Warrington made the comment that rotary would outclean the procaps hands down so I started to wonder about prescrub with an op instead. Tried it yesterday and gotta say, I was impressed

Tile Nerd

tim said:
Im not unhappy with the procaps, just always want to do the best job possible. Scott Warrington made the comment that rotary would outclean the procaps hands down so I started to wonder about prescrub with an op instead. Tried it yesterday and gotta say, I was impressed

Might be because Scott doesn't sell an OP machine. Neither do I but, it will out clean a rotary.

shmit22

probably a stupid question, but what is the difference between an op machine and a rotary?

Bob Foster

OP stands for oscillating pad and rotary is just that.

The OP works like a random orbital sander. Their are various versions of them that vary in aggressiveness in their motion and size.

OP machines typically run with cotton or man-made pads.

tim

Scott does sell the procaps, though. I think you can expect an honest answer from Scott, regardless of whether or not it is a BP product

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom