ACS

Tom Mock

Does anyone have experiences with ACS truckmounts??

Tell me the good, bad and even ugly!

G

Dependable simple machines. However, the wands that come with their machine have 2- 1.5 jets.With decent sized jets the water temps drop to about 140 or 150 degrees. Too much money for too little machine.

On a good note; I think they could give other companies a run for their money if they make only a few subtle changes.

Dean is the owner of ACS and seems to be a real Gem of a guy but doesnt seem to accept the idea of changing.

Tom Mock

Thanks Jeff.

I talked to Dean today, he is a character.

I didn't ask the question about the size of wand that is sold with the machine.

Not know quite enough about jet size yet, what would be an adequate # of jets and size for most truckmounts?

Scott Rogers

industry standard is a flow rate of 6. The amount of jets is personal preference and the flow angle depends on the distance from the carpet.

Example a
1 jet wand =1 06 jet
2 jet wand = 2 03 jets
4 jet wand = 4 1.5 jets

Some heat exchanger machines will benifit from less flow. Meaning running a 4 rate instead of a 6, as they may have trouble keeping the temps up at a higher flow rate.

If your machine will keep up with the heat and you have enough vac then you can flow more for a better flushing, leaving the carpet cleaner and with less residue. A flow rate of 9 is great for this.

Roto-Vacs come with 6 1.5 jets for a flow rate of 9

jet numbering example 8003 (jet sprays at a 80 degree angle at a flow rate of 03)

The proper jet angle is determend by how high the jet is off the carpet and the desired overlap.

Fon Johnson

Who is ACS? At first I thought it was Accelerated Cleaning Systems, but Duane's machines don't usually drop to that low a temp..

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
American Cleaning Systems in Iowa, Fon.

I spoke to him a couple of years ago. Like Jeff said, nice guy, but sees no need to improve the temperature / flow limitation his systems have. He actually sees higher temperatures as a waste and a potential liability.

From what I hear, he makes some nice systems.

Greenie

It's funny to hear guys like Dean talk about liability, until he redesigns his heat management system he'll get no kudos from me. Also bring the HXers down LOWER than the exhaust manifold, if you ever develop a HX leak, it's water right into the cyl, and that is gonna cost ya!

If you picked one up cheap enough, it could be made serviceable with some changes.

Matt King

We have a few of his machines in our town. I think Servicemaster runs a couple too. I took a good look at one and it was a nice unit but the HX'ers bothered me for the reason Greenie pointed out. I talked to Dean a year or so back and he was asking me how my Genesis HX system was designed and worked. He was a super nice guy but that's the first thing I told him about his HX set up. I mentioned my Steam Action had the 'double barrell' exchangers above the engine and one blew and pumped water into the motor and locked it. That was an old cast iron Continental with strong rods and I was able to fix it. He's using a Kohler, that thing would be toast. He didn't really say much about it except for it was an easy design and the exchangers were SS. My S.A. had SS exchangers too I told him. We just kind of dropped the subject after that. He was switching from Roots to Tuthill blowers and said he was really excited about it. That's about all of the 'technical' info I got. Good guy though.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
All the salesman at connections acted like used car salesman. I told them of the 3 machines I knew of in this town all three owners were very mad they bought the machines. They are always in the shop and break down very easy. The ACE salesman told me I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. Can you believe that? I do know what I am talking about because every time I go to get chemicals there sits one of your POS machines getting fixed!

Run far away from the ACE (Chemspec) and call Blueline.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Ace and American cleaning systems are two different companys. Ace made the chemspec machines( in lost wages or a las vegas) and american makes a kohler powered blue machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom