4 week new butler report

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
4 weeks and 1100 miles and 64 hours on a new butler. All 3 packages with bigger blower and high heat and larger real. The blower is a trilobe 47 and was set pretty good from butler(15hg). The heat is awesome at 240 atm. 2.5 out of the filter box to the side door for hose attaching. 200 feet of greenies paraflex blue stuff fits on the reel. The truck being run by the computer now is a big improvement. No more up and down rpms. This is my third butler and I am very happy with this one. I think the added heat and it seems like more cfm are making me a more efficient cleaner(faster). The big reel will hold 200 feet of 2 inch but put a 50 foot of 2.5 on and you can only fit 75 more 2 inch. The bigger reel is for 2 inch, I guess. They need to drill holes in the filter box baffle and fix the hose reel. Dry times are 1-2 hours on residental and 1 hour on commercial, and I mean dry.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Lyman,

I have had mine about the same amount of time, but it has been getting all the gps and other electronics and at the vinyl wrap shop. I should have it out in the field in about a week. I haven't even "unwinterized" it yet. We have been having some cold nights around here and it makes it easier for all the shops to keep it outside until they are done.

Are you running the hose real live. I am looking at putting a "Y" between the reel and a hook up on the floor. Gonna try and carry 100 feet of 2.5 on the reel and then carry the extra 2 inch in the back. I'm going to use the live reel set up if I run over 150 feet. I have all the parts including the Greenie modified filter box plate on order. Hope to see those this week also so I can put it all together. I am anxious to get it out working.

Mark Saiger

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
2.5 out of the filter box straight to the side door. I had a hard time with 50 feet of 2.5 on the real first and then 75 of 2 inch would bind against the grey tank hard. I didn't try 100 feet of 2.5. The 2.5 is off the truck. I am sick of wrestling with it.

Mike Draper

The cure for 2.5" hose on the Butler....

BEFORE..
ButlerVan002.jpg

AFTER...
ButlerVan009.jpg

Now I can hold about 125-130' of 2.5 and another 100' of 2". However, most of my runs are about 100' so I only carry 150 on the reel. I don't run a live reel either. Here is my 2.5" connection by the door. I only pull out what is needed and then hook it up, kinda like with the V.
May162009.jpg

Mike Draper

I took off the power reel motor because it was a complete POS! Maybe they stole the power reel design from the yarn factory.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mike Draper said:
I took off the power reel motor because it was a complete POS! Maybe they stole the power reel design from the yarn factory.

Yeah I had that once and I have to agree, I had a white magic reel installed that held 300 feet
and the motor would actually pull hoses.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Kevin McCreary said:
[quote="Mike Draper":3m65osxr]I took off the power reel motor because it was a complete POS! Maybe they stole the power reel design from the yarn factory.

Yeah I had that once and I have to agree, I had a white magic reel installed that held 300 feet
and the motor would actually pull hoses.[/quote:3m65osxr]

Really. I don't know why the Butler guys don't just buy the White Magic Pro1200 instead of something almost as good. They cost the same.

Name
Kevin McCreary
You can get a much bigger blower with the White Magic too!!!
Better machine in my opinion / better tanks, racks, reels, and options.

However I tried to call them last month 4 or 5 times in the middle of the day and got a voice mail.
Heard chattering that they might be on the way out????

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The reel is much better at pulling in the 2.5 inch hose now. The reel is actually longer and they did something to get more power to it to make it reel in the hose. Better than my last one, but like I said, I really haven't tried it out in the field yet. Verdict will still be out.

Mark Saiger

Back
Top Bottom