32 sf tile bathroom

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just spent 2.5 hours cleaning a 32 sf tile floor in a bathroom! I felt like I was channeling my inner Damon! This was in an old house, probably built in the early 70’s. Two old people lived there alone for the past couple of centuries. She was in a wheelchair. The tile was original to the house and had those tiny width grout lines so common with old installs.
I tried to clean it like normal but to no effect. I ended up having to chisel the grout lines with a screwdriver and an oring tool!
It ended up good but there has to be a better way!

JHK

Name
John
I just spent 2.5 hours cleaning a 32 sf tile floor in a bathroom! I felt like I was channeling my inner Damon! This was in an old house, probably built in the early 70’s. Two old people lived there alone for the past couple of centuries. She was in a wheelchair. The tile was original to the house and had those tiny width grout lines so common with old installs.
I tried to clean it like normal but to no effect. I ended up having to chisel the grout lines with a screwdriver and an oring tool!
It ended up good but there has to be a better way!
Know when to walk away…

Pull the weeds…
Water and fertilize the flowers…

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah … I’m just stubborn. I did the first bathroom for the agreed upon price. Then I called her in to look at it. She was happy, so I told her, “if you want the second one done we’ll have to negotiate a higher price.”She said go ahead without even asking what the new price was going to be.
Still, I could have charged $1000 per bathroom and still not want to do it!
I wonder if one of those professional steamers would work?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yeah … I’m just stubborn. I did the first bathroom for the agreed upon price. Then I called her in to look at it. She was happy, so I told her, “if you want the second one done we’ll have to negotiate a higher price.”She said go ahead without even asking what the new price was going to be.
Still, I could have charged $1000 per bathroom and still not want to do it!
I wonder if one of those professional steamers would work?
You need some thing like a Carmen INOX. Over 300 degrees f. Slow but effective.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom