20 gallons of warm RTU pre-spray

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for you battery sprayer guys.....

This is probably not for everyone....Been testing it for a while now...and it has been working great

I got tired of getting to my next job and my sprayer being half empty and having to figure a half mix...and it not being consistent all the time....or going in and using it and then having to come out and mix another batch...

Or just the plain mixing between each job or extra mixes for large jobs....

So...to keep my pre spray consistent on every job. ... and to save time mixing all day.. I added a 20 gallon pre-spray holding tank...

I hooked this up like my rinse tanks to a auto fill so it fills with hot water from the tank in the truck and stays warm for days....

It can be easly removed to rinse out if needed and sets right back into the truck.....

Down side is you have to make sure you use a good pre spray like 02 or Max pack that does not lose its kick because it is mixed and sitting...

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my fresh tank temperature gets to 150 to 160 degrees and that is what I use to fill it with....

the pre spray tank is a think plastic and it holds the heat real good....

Also..as most know I live in the desert and I am sure that has a good factor in there that help..

The back of my truck stays pretty warm..I would not expect it to stay as hot in the winter but I would expect it to stay some what warm....

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Great idea jim, i thought about doing something like that as well, using engine heat to warm the water. but i think i like your idea better.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so uh, do you just flip a switch or what to get it to spray???

I thought about a bigger pump and one out in the truck..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No it is just a holding tank..I use the white hose to fill my sprayer............

John Watson

Sure glad you got a big truck, so you can continue to show us who already have 15 lbs in our 5 lb van, I am envious of you in some ways but, will never go back to a box van. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharring.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
your nuts watson....

I have never cleaned carpet out of a regular van. Only 2 trailers 7x14 and a 6x10 sucked going down size. Now I gots my big truck and, would never ever ever clean out of a regular van...

there is just to much stuff you can keep in a big truck to help make money, where as you might not be able to carry it in a reg van..

John Watson

Yeah and they itch too, I also wouldn't have a regular van.
I make do with my 1 ton stretches OK. Hold everything I need, sometimes just have to swap a few things for jobs out of the ordinary.

What I was splaining to Jim, was true, I would love to have a TLC mix tank buts we ain't gots no room for it like he has in his Vortex truck. I don't believe him or I do Janitorial does you??

G

I mix mine at a higher consentrate for applcation reasons,helps in dry times.

Kevin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So someone needs real bad to come up with a way to switch from rinse to prespray and back with one hose that y's to a wand and a power washer of sorts.
Just switch it at the truck (remote control would be nice but luxurious) and you are workin.

have a 5 gallon super mix that chem feeds just like a rinse.
Is this too much to ask for. I think maybe.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the panel I made earlier this year is already wired for a 12 volt demand pump.....

The ideal thing is to hook a pump to this and just pull in another hose and have all the pre mixed spray just stay in the truck......

It really takes no effort at all to pull another solution line......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
the panel I made earlier this year is already wired for a 12 volt demand pump.....

The ideal thing is to hook a pump to this and just pull in another hose and have all the pre mixed spray just stay in the truck......

It really takes no effort at all to pull another solution line......

That works, send me one. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom