2 out of 3

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just picked up 3-8x10 rugs. 1 is polypropylene the other 2 are viscose. Either have to learn to clean them or do without.

PXL_20210528_231354219.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Anybody ever called you a crook? lol

Just asking for a friend...I'm striving be a good human and wouldn't ask that.
😉

What's replacement on those bad boys? 🤔
Replacement on the polypropylene is around $400-$450. The viscose is sometimes a little more depending on the quality. These are cheaper ones but some comparable size viscose rugs can range upwards of $6000.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ron K

Why bother taking them out of the home if you're just going to spit and suck?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Why bother taking them out of the home if you're just going to spit and suck?
We do a little more than that. Might not be doing full immersion but I dust and vacuum both sides, prespray and shampoo with a 175, rinse and extract, then hang to dry. Treat any special problems such as urine or other stains. It's not a simple spray and suck.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was thinking "throw away" rugs or find a cheaper cleaner.

Some rug cleaners are going to reach a point where they price themselves out of cleaning cheap rugs.

I don't fault the cleaners, rug cleaning is a labor intensive process.

Dealing heavy wet pissy rugs...something that deserves a higher rate. It's more worth than I ever wanted to put into it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was thinking "throw away" rugs or find a cheaper cleaner.

Some rug cleaners are going to reach a point where they price themselves out of cleaning cheap rugs.

I don't fault the cleaners, rug cleaning is a labor intensive process.

Dealing heavy wet pissy rugs...something that deserves a higher rate. It's more worth than I ever wanted to put into it.
I'm one of the cheaper ones. One of my competitors is double the price. I try to be fair in my pricing.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My neighbor has LVP in their home. there are some deep scratches that the movers put into the floor. They asked me if I could "buff" out the scratches. The scratches was pretty deep and I could tell the LVP was a cheap Pergo/Shaw type floating floor. The wood grain on the planks were printed graphics. Nothing I could do for them. I referred them to a good installer I know.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Tumbler? Air?
Hopefully at least Eureka or Sanitaire.... Real Beater Bar?
sanitaire and pile lifter. Or beat it with a hockey stick. Pile lifter works well. Usually vacuum both sides with it and vacuum up the debris with a separate vacuum. Pile lifter is great for knocking the dirt out but not the best vacuum in the world.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Full flush, Cimex the poly. Viscose -Slowly extract with few passes as possible. Might use rug sucker to flush it more. Or DryEze Rover to extract.
Hang poly- dry flat Viscose.
I use the 175 on viscose now. Using Chemax Rayon rug shampoo. Prespray it first, then hit it with a higher concentration in the shampoo tank. Provides enough lubrication so it doesn't damage the fiber. I foam it all up then rinse and extract and hang to dry. Doesn't hurt the viscose as long as you do a good job extracting. I speed dry with flood fans and a dehumidifier.

Ron K

sanitaire and pile lifter. Or beat it with a hockey stick. Pile lifter works well. Usually vacuum both sides with it and vacuum up the debris with a separate vacuum. Pile lifter is great for knocking the dirt out but not the best vacuum in the world.
Nice ...Slapshot or a Wrister?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom