You wanted it so here it is Stanley Steemer reveled

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
breathe72 said:
wow. SOME-body has a little case of the "mondays" :lol:

I know. I didn't get the impression he was bashing SS at all. He was just satisfying some people's curiousity. Seems to me Maynard is the un-professional one.

Jose Smith

I also worked for a Stanley Steemer for a couple of years. I never saw pre-spray for residentials. If they were trashed, we would sneak out the commercial pre-spray, although this was a big no-no.

I understand Stanley Steemer is not liked by many, but I have to say that the one I worked for was one of the best run companies I have ever worked for.

They had structure and were very systematized. For a while we were even required to do morning calisthenics (as a group) to stretch us out before scrubbing all day. We washed/detailed the vans daily.

We had great policies like always having the passenger back you if the van was ever in reverse. They obviously had safety in mind. We were always required to look as professional as possible. Never was high pressure sales tolerated.

Were they the best "carpet cleaners"? Of course not. But anyone who understands business should understand that to succeed in this industry, carpet cleaning has very little to do with anything. Sure, it's important, but not nearly as important as IMAGE. I think many will agree that Stanley Steemer has a positive image with the public. And I mean the consumers in general, not the small percentage of clients they upset (when compared to all the people they service around the country every year).

Jose Smith

Jose Smith

Mikey,

I was fortunate enough to have worked for Stanley Steemer, Coit and Sears. For the two latter companies, I got to see things from the inside.

I learned from SS on how to train a tech. Again, everything was systematized. Even the water hose and solution lines had to be wrapped a certain way. If I couldn't figure out how to wrap the water hose the way they were trying to train me, I never would have made it to the next stage.

Now, the SS I worked for was a Corporate Office. I'm sure some franchises were not run that way. Other policies interested me as well. There cleaning method is nothing I care to remember. But the way they had a system of carrying the same 3 spotters in a "chip bucket" was great. All the bottles were labeled according to OSHA regulations as well. Very professional. (By the way gmaupin, the alkaline spotter was called "Pro-gest", not what you wrote).

Even the wand stroke was different. Every tech did it. Systems! Very McDonalds-like.

I was also fortunate to work for the oldest Coit franchise in the country. It was also a very sharp company at the time. I got to see this from the managerial aspect. My bosses were very savvy business folk.

I got to see Sears from an ownership position. So there are things I can take from that as well.

Jose Smith

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
This Time I will keep my comments to myself LOL!!
Hey, There's a first for everything!!

All The Best,Rob

Maynard679

gmaupin

Sorry man but you are a sell out. Yes you were bashing S.S, adding fuel to the flame. May want to re-read your post. Jose is right on how it is a "well oiled machine". I just think it is BAD business exposing a company like that. It's kinda of a b!t*ch move, something a scorned women would do. It's ok you are just someone that CAN"T be trusted. Good luck trying to start your own business you will need it.

Did you steal enough of their chemicals to start your own business?

I too have worked at Coit and S.S and some other less known companies. Been doing it a while now.

Don't be angry they fired you....

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Hey Maynard, Chris T is a great guy!!!
Glad to know you spent some time there as well!!

Continued Success to you!!

All The best, Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom