You have to love the yellow pages

I did two estimates today and both were from old (2007) yp books. One was an estimate for cleaning partitions that I upsold cleaning the tile and partitions for a thousand, and the other was another 500 dollar tile job. I booked both of the jobs.

It's not dead yet. It still has a few years left in it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
danielc said:
I did two estimates today and both were from old (2007) yp books. One was an estimate for cleaning partitions that I upsold cleaning the tile and partitions for a thousand, and the other was another 500 dollar tile job. I booked both of the jobs.

You probably still use a VCR too.

With more and more smart phones and cheep computers who uses the Yellow pages?

It certainly can't come close to compete with Internet searches.

They are even printing phone books that don't even have white pages, making them even more worthless.

They are going the way of printed dictionaries.

Name
Bruce
Dave Yoakum said:
danielc said:

You probably still use a VCR too.

With more and more smart phones and cheep computers who uses the Yellow pages?

It certainly can't come close to compete with Internet searches.

They are even printing phone books that don't even have white pages, making them even more worthless.

They are going the way of printed dictionaries.
WTF Dave, that's why he said "It still has a few years left in it" and if you didn't notice he's talking about a 2007 book that he got a job from.

He didn't say it was the way of the future :roll:

I got over a hundred calls last year from old books.

Dave I will keep you posted.

I am definitely doing an ad this spring.

Why not?

The book goes out to over a million homes for 350 dollars per month.

I have a buddy that is a really good cleaner, and will do all the jobs I can send his way for 45 percent.

I'm doing it.

If it does well, I could build a cheap site and get those price shoppers calling.

Chris A

Name
Chris
must be a regional thing, my nice Wayne Miller-designed ad lost about $2000 last year, so that was the final straw for us.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
YP still have a place in our market. We still get the majority of new business from it.

I've actually drastically re hashed our ads for the coming year. Overall spend will be slightly more, but I actually get will have two more ads, albeit very narrow specific ads targeting a couple of niche sectors.

For us, we drop about $3-4k max on YP a year, so essentially it's another prong in our advertising attack and as long as it brings in work, I'll continue to use it, but not blindly reliant on it alone.

John

Al

YP is still working good here and I got a blue ray dvd and a 72" screen to watch it on. LMAO

We get more gig's from the net but yp is still worth it for us
8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom