You cannot sell who you do not see. Who are you selling to regularly?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Monday - Lunch with a 6 referral sources. Commitment to refer our services

Tuesday - Lunch with 40 referral sources. 2 Individuals scheduled 2 jobs.
Visited brick and mortar store front referral source to put up our sales materials.

Wednesday - Lunch with 8 referral sources. Owner states " it's time to spread the wealth around. Let's begin to send half our work to Tom"
Bid a 11 unit franchise that does not serve food for quarterly or monthly cleaning. 30K

Thursday - Lunch with 7 referral sources. 2 sources gave me numbers without my asking of individual referral sources and told me to tell them _________ sent them.

That is 61 referral sources for the week.

Friday - I will be with my team learning how to clean upholstery better.

I can not tell you how much fun I am having.

Friends if you are sitting in your office you are not selling.

If you are coming to Mikey's Fest. I will be sharing.....
How you can create a system to develop sales in your own market.
How to develop your company brands to sell and why you should do it
Who you need to be seeing and Why?
What materials you need to have to make impact
Key messaging points you need to be sharing
How often do you need to be selling
What you should know about your competition

I talked to my friend Richard yesterday and he sent me what he will be sharing. Can not wait.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO SELL YOUR COMPANY?
View attachment 3320

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Doug it is not about your production quality.
That is of course important.

I am talking about selling. Real selling. Getting in the car and going out and building relationships.

I am not talking about people telling their friends " Hey I got a great guy to clean your carpets!"
This is also important.
If you want to gain market share. You have to take the fight to them.

In the movie Josey Wales there is a scene in which the small group is being attacked. Josey is mounting up to go to battle. An old woman asks what is he doing. The old Indian states " He is a warrior he is going to take the fight to them. He will do more good for us on horseback."
I love this scene it is a great picture of what we need to be doing as sales people.

We do more for our company when we take the message to them.

Everyone I sell to, I can't see. My work speaks for itself.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Tom, would you say you are somewhat of a "natural" salesman? I'm excellent once in a customers home or workplace while doing work for them but I struggle with the knocking on doors kind of selling I think you are talking about. I have considered hiring a skilled salesman so I could continue to do what I love and am good at...cleaning (and training to clean). I love to be in the van but I'm pretty sure this is something I'll have to grow into. I don't think I want 10 vans and a bunch of degenerates to manage and worry about all the time though. I know what's possible with 1 or 2 trucks and that's pretty exciting to me right now. I appreciate you sharing and hope to make it to MF this year to hear more.

The Clean Machine

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Good stuff, Tom.

When I was in sales/management this is the stuff that I preached. Sometimes I want to smack myself for not practicing to the fullest potential now.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Doug it is not about your production quality.
That is of course important.

I am talking about selling. Real selling. Getting in the car and going out and building relationships.

I am not talking about people telling their friends " Hey I got a great guy to clean your carpets!"
This is also important.
If you want to gain market share. You have to take the fight to them.

In the movie Josey Wales there is a scene in which the small group is being attacked. Josey is mounting up to go to battle. An old woman asks what is he doing. The old Indian states " He is a warrior he is going to take the fight to them. He will do more good for us on horseback."
I love this scene it is a great picture of what we need to be doing as sales people.

We do more for our company when we take the message to them.

Anytime you can tie Clint Eastwood movies to our industry you are the type speaker I want to hear.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Russ
Yes sales is my strongest skill. That said any owner who is willing to grow can do basic sales to help their company grow.

The type of growth it would take to have a professional salesman that can be the rainmaker would be around the million dollar mark in revenue.

Good sales people want to have a real shot at making six figures.

I know I would turn down 60-70 k offers and I have sense leaving Lilly.

I hope to see you this winter at the Fest.
Tom, would you say you are somewhat of a "natural" salesman? I'm excellent once in a customers home or workplace while doing work for them but I struggle with the knocking on doors kind of selling I think you are talking about. I have considered hiring a skilled salesman so I could continue to do what I love and am good at...cleaning (and training to clean). I love to be in the van but I'm pretty sure this is something I'll have to grow into. I don't think I want 10 vans and a bunch of degenerates to manage and worry about all the time though. I know what's possible with 1 or 2 trucks and that's pretty exciting to me right now. I appreciate you sharing and hope to make it to MF this year to hear more.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom