Yelp removing reviews

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I thought only Google places would do this, Yelp has removed 2-3 of my client's reviews, this shit is pissing me off!! The reviews are good, from clients of mine. Yet it shows "once I sign on" that the reviews were "filtered", freaking bs. It's hard enough to get people to go on there to put reviews up, now they remove them, wtf.

Has this happened to you? Anything I can do, contact Yelp support? I hope their CS is not like Google's.

:x

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yelp is notorious for this.

It's there whole "super filter" BS about finding "real" reviews and weeding out the bad. Totally flawed.

Get people to review you on Judy's book or citysearch.

But I'm pretty sure it can happen on any review site. Whattyagonnado?

Maybe write an email to Yelp? They might be able to manually pop them back in.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I will try to send them an email and see what happens.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Yelp usually doesn't show up on Google anyway. Not much of a loss for my area. Yelp is dead here.

(Have Brian give you a review)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Yelp is strong in our area - it's interesting though... their reviews boost my Google organic listings, so I get Yelp referrals through Google searches by NON-yelp members who click the review link... but the direct referrals through the actual Yelp site of Yelp members have an average invoice half my normal average invoice. They are interesting metrics.

I talked with their back stage department today about their ranking system and advertising. One of their filters which I know many are subject to is that new member reviews are automatically filtered out. They wait until a new member posts a few reviews and sticks around awhile. This is because of what we see in our industry especially, competitors and boneheads posting fake reviews to malign a competitor... so this setting of filtering out the new member reviews catches the good and bad ones.

But... once your customer is around a bit, and active, the filtered reviews do become active.

Yelp is adding a million new subscribers a month, and at least in California, they are kicking Angie's butt. But Yelp started in SF, so it's growing here first.

It's still a toss up though... these referrals - at least the direct ones, tend to be a younger crowd, and much more price focused than my other referral sources.

Lisa

Name
I'm Rick James
On my Yelp account, i have 2 posted reviews and 9 filtered reviews. Plus it took them forever to change my account to the right city. It was posted 40 miles south of the city i live in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom