Yelp paid ads?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Who is using Yelp pay per click ads and is it successful for you? I've been doing Yelp pay per click for about the last 6 months and I can't really say if it's been worth it for us.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I dont know if its pay per click its 500 searchs for $300.00 a month 12 month commitment then month to month, in my area my reports are showing about 5o clicks a weeks and 10 leads.

I think yelp is best if you have great reviews already. Mikey's was with them and loved it.

Activity for
8/2/2015 - 8/8/2015

Sam Miller's Carpet Care

8805 W Avoca Ct
Lancaster, CA

User Views

Customer Leads

click_icon.gif
6 clicks to website

cta_icon.png
3 Call to Action clicks

directions_and_map_views_icon.gif
2 directions & map views

call_icon.gif
7 mobile calls

Best $300 a month I've spent in along time.

It appears yelp is gaining traction on yahoo and bing also.

Name
Lyon
I used to get a lot of work from Yelp, then I paid for their ppc and the calls stopped coming in, didn't even get enough jobs to cover the $300 a month. Unless things have changed in thr last couple years, I'd stick to the free Yelp listing, ask your clients for a review

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
You consistently gaining reviews?

How many positive/total reviews do you have?

How many do your nearest competitors have?

Google likes the guy in "first" place.......a lot.

I find being "first" in an area gives enough exposure to generate enough Yelpers alone, not only through Yelp itself, but also from GOOGLE, so my position in this "race" would be a big consideration if I was on the fence.

Like Yelp or not, they have a solid foothold, and most importantly GooGle (Alphabet?) likes them.
Foolish for anyone driving a business to not be a player in Yelp in at least some capacity.

Consider this........for a service business like ours, Yelp is only second to GoOOgle in internet based lead generation and exposure, with no one close that I can think of.

Main 2 things I hear are that I was found on gOogle or throuh Yelp.

Best git on yo Yelp game shun.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
While our PPC #'s according to Yelp look okay (6,000 impressions, 50 clicks per month), very few of those 50 clicks are actually calling. We track all our calls so we know exactly where our leads are coming from. As far as Yelp reviews, we would have 32 reviews if Yelp didnt filter 28 of them.:cry:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
As far as Yelp reviews, we would have 32 reviews if Yelp didnt filter 28 of them.:cry:

Sucks.....Yelp only favors reviews from users who are very "active" within their system on a regular basis.

I can understand their intention, but I question whether their filtering algorithms may be a tad too strict.

Looks like you have a lot of Yelp competition in your service areas, so "first" may be difficult.

I would be happy with coming close to breaking even, since Yelp is such a major player, and you have to factor in repeat/referral business from Yelp sourced leads into the equation.

I can't remember exactly who here said it before, but it was along the lines of.... breaking even on a marketing program, or even coming close to breaking even, is the primary goal, and is to be considered a success, as the value of repeats/referrals, have to be factored in also.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom