would you train your competition

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
we do some work for a house cleaning company that wants to expand into carpet cleaning

I help him start his cleaning business

He and his wife have business degrees
A couple of years ago I gave him all my trade magazines that I though would do him some good and he has built an ok business from it, biggest problem is he doesn't charge enough for what he does

he sees what we charge for carpet cleaning, I am pretty middle of the road, and he can't believe it, I try to tell him to get past that point in his mind to charge more but he has a problem doing it

There is plenty of work to go around. I am looking at selling him my stuff and showing him how it works

would you do it

hogjowl

Idiot™
Normally ... no. However, one of Chavez's cousins started a CC business here in Porksville, and came to me for advice on some things. I kinda like the guy, and just couldn't tell him to get lost. He'll probably, one day, make something out of his business, but more than likely he'll be a bottom feeder and piss me off for the next 20 years!

Damn mexican ...

RichardnTn

So far I have helped (installed equipment, suggestions on equipment, chems, etc.) 5 people get into business. There are more though that I help when they have equipment problems that they can't repair themselves. Has always worked out well for me... jobs that they can't do or don't have the time to do, I usually get. The men that own these companys are friends of mine and I help them when I can...Richard R

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Adam Hale taught me a bunch of stuff and then sold me my TM. If you have a good business do it. There is a lot of carpet out there to clean. They just need to find the work.

G

I'm helping a guy that lives in the same county as me right now.

I'm helping him "fix" his piece of junk TM and I go on jobs with him and show him how to use my TM until he gets something else figured out.

I've learnt him how to do quotes, and what cleaning agents are good for what and stuff like that. But I'm not going to hold his hand and make him do this or that, it's up to him to make the most of it.

One of the only (and very important) things I haven't been able to help him with is marketing; fliers, coupons, postcards, ect. I don't know squat about that stuff. I wish I did, maybe then I wouldn't be so broke.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom