Would you let a local competitor know (SS)?

Name
Ross Martin
Got a call and did in home tile estimate.

Before I got there, customer told me they were thinking of color seal.

Pets in home, grout lines in bad shape, but really just needs a good cleaning.

She then went on to tell me about the people who showed up to give a color seal estimate.

A couple showed up in a beat up pick up and told her they were from SS. No cards, no uniform. She said first she was surprised that they were not in a Yellow truck.

She also told me they made her a little nervous while they were there.

She asked them if they worked for SS, and they replied they were "subs".

They also gave her a very low price for color sealing. About what I would charge for just cleaning and sealing.

You can think what you want about SS, but I don't think they operate this way. Would you give them a call to let them know that there may be people out there who are pretending to be them?

I would hate someone doing this to me.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I doubt they were legit. SS has a very strict program and I highly doubt that they'd allow a sub using an unmarked vehicle.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I would tell them without hesitation. Does not sound like SS and they might hurt someone or be casing the homes.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I would hope the custy just got her info mixed up and got confused after talking to a few different companies.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Didn't she call them ? Not sure how she would call ss and someone else show up. I would call ss and see what's up. Maybe they sub that work in your area.

Gene

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yes, I would let them know. It's good karma, you will need it someday.

Suppose something bad happened, she got swindled, ripped off or worse. It reflects bad on all of us "in home service" providers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom