BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
True
But unless Mark bought the van elsewhere and shipped to Butler,
Butler ultimately holds the bag on this one

LTA
That's what I've been thinking the whole time. If mark paid the big price of the van/truckmount combo TO Butler, then Butler needs to stand up to the plate and go to bat for Mark. Because from our eyes, they bought the van from GM.

@Mark Saiger , why do you feel that Butler doesn't need to do anything?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Only GM dealers (which Butler is not) can sell GM products. Yeah you can get the package from Butler, but technically the van is coming from a dealer one way or the other, not Butler.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Straight from Butler's website:

Note: The Butler Corporation has been granted by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts a Class I Motor Vehicle and Seller's License that permits us to purchase and sell new and pre-owned vehicles. The Butler Corporation is not a dealership. We are able to stock and offer for sale an extensive inventory of new vehicles through General Motors and Ford Motor Company local dealerships. New vehicles are ordered, received, inspected and prepared for delivery by the manufacturers' dealers. Whether you arrange for a new vehicle through The Butler Corporation and our local dealers or supply your own vehicle, the vehicle warranty fulfillment is the responsibility, solely, of the vehicle manufacturer and is provided through their dealer network

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Which brings up another point:

Yes, your local GM dealers should step up regardless, but a lot of them are not thrilled when you bring in a vehicle that has issues that you didn't buy from them. Not saying it's right, just saying it's true.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Straight from Butler's website:

Note: The Butler Corporation has been granted by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts a Class I Motor Vehicle and Seller's License that permits us to purchase and sell new and pre-owned vehicles. The Butler Corporation is not a dealership. We are able to stock and offer for sale an extensive inventory of new vehicles through General Motors and Ford Motor Company local dealerships. New vehicles are ordered, received, inspected and prepared for delivery by the manufacturers' dealers. Whether you arrange for a new vehicle through The Butler Corporation and our local dealers or supply your own vehicle, the vehicle warranty fulfillment is the responsibility, solely, of the vehicle manufacturer and is provided through their dealer network
Legally, they don’t have to. But ethically...the CEO of butler should stand up and handle this matter for all that Mark has done for them.

Reactions: ronbeatty

steve_64

I've been following this but still trying to get a butler.

Sounds like a rare issue and when you buy from a private party buyer beware.

I'd be shopping for a new mechanic.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I know that all this BS has caused me to delay buying a GM, weather it has a Butler or Not.

I'm not happy with Merecedes Benz but I don't want to trade one headache for another.

I holding out for a smaller City version of the AT. By that I mean I'll give up storage space for a shorter, lower height box.

I dream of an AT with overall length of 19ft and height and width of 7'-10".

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Butler has made some calls...

Some big wig GM types were to hold a meeting yesterday or today and my situation was to be a major topic of discussion.

Had the son in law winterize and return the van and Butler to the dealership again (took it back for a couple hours) thing rattled like an old tin can and yet my dealership just can't (not sure how enthusiastic) find the rattle.

I am calling again Monday.

Thinking I will suggest they pull the oil pan of the motor next to look.

They told me the region rep would be back again on Feb 22nd.... :dejection: good grief...

Just need permission to take it to a non GM mechanic such as my brother in laws shop so we can find it.

Also called a body shop friend of mine to put it on the frame rack and test it for out of square problems or cracks.

Right now just no one wants to find the problem.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Mark, you don't need permission to put it on a lift and look at it. It is time to stop being nice and get your attorney involved. You are getting the run around big time. For one, your dealer really doesn't care about it because you didn't buy it there. A frame machine at a body shop is only to lock down a frame on a vehicle and pull or push a frame straight.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Butler IS a GM dealer!
This is on the Butler website:

Note: The Butler Corporation has been granted by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts a Class I Motor Vehicle and Seller's License that permits us to purchase and sell new and pre-owned vehicles. The Butler Corporation is not a dealership. We are able to stock and offer for sale an extensive inventory of new vehicles through General Motors and Ford Motor Company local dealerships. New vehicles are ordered, received, inspected and prepared for delivery by the manufacturers' dealers. Whether you arrange for a new vehicle through The Butler Corporation and our local dealers or supply your own vehicle, the vehicle warranty fulfillment is the responsibility, solely, of the vehicle manufacturer and is provided through their dealer network.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's the one thing about direct drives that bothers me. Once the truckmount is installed, it now becomes part of the vehicle. When a major flaw breaks down, there can be several gray areas as to what caused the defect. I think that GM is taking responsibility of Mark's problem, which is good, but I've read in the past that both parties (the tm dealer, and the van's dealer) have just pointed fingers at the other party, saying it's not their fault, which puts a burden on the customer.

That's why Butler needs to be a direct GM/Isuzu dealer. So they can have more of a push on the matter, and get the problem solved allot sooner.

@Mark Saiger , do you know if they were ever a GM dealer in the past years, and if so, why did they drop it?

Reactions: Nomad74

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Butler IS a GM dealer!

1jh1r7.jpg

I can see why it can seem that way, though, since you can call them up and get a new van/machine package. It still always technically comes from a specific GM dealer, and it's not like GM is going to let someone run a dealership out of their truckmount shop. You need the million dollar building, approved million dollar service department, million dollar parts department, etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My lease agent is a dealer too. He orders the vehicle and gets me great prices but when there is a vehicle issue it goes to the local GM dealership.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Yeah I'm not trying to stick up for GM at all, just trying to point out that it is 100% their failure and problem, not Butler's.

That being said, Butler should still do everything they can to help, which it sounds like they hopefully are.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I knew the day my GMC dealership was sold and GM moved the GMC part across town to the GM dealer (they whined until they got it) that my life could suck.....

And my brother in law who was the lead shop mechanic at Ford left and opened his own private shop....

Well....I have no good service anymore...and my Dodge dealership which had GMC is now struggling as well for repair.

All the shops became union and no one claims any job is theirs to fix something except a few of the older guys who take pride in doing work....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are fortunate to have a large Chevy dealership here that doesn't seem to care that are vehicles are not purchased through them. They just appreciate the repair and service work. I think they are so large they don't know or just don't care where it came from.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If my GM dealership would have been a bit better about this, we might have purchased another vehicle last week from them...but we decided to get the Dodge Durango....and also a new Dodge Ram 4 x 4....

My wife mentioned maybe purchasing from them...I pretty much was....they haven't earned my business!
2018-01-27 21.46.03.jpg
2018-01-27 14.55.52.jpg
2018-01-27 16.54.31.jpg
2018-01-27 16.54.40.jpg
2018-01-27 14.30.15.jpg
2018-01-27 14.31.12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom