Will it make a difference?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You may or may not know that I do most of my business in the Roseville, Ca. area

I just bought

www.rosevillecleaner.com

Do you think it will make a difference in searches?

I will submit it to all the search engines when the forwarding goes through.

We'll see what happens.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, that figures...oh well...13 bucks and an easy domain name to remember.

I thought that if someone would do a search for Roseville carpet cleaner, it would pop up better.
Rosevillecarpetcleaner and rosevillecarpetcleaning are both taken.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Naaa, they wanted waaaaaaayyy too much for that one.

Or at least the deuche bag peddling it wanted too much for it.

Brian Robison said:
http://www.rosevillecleaner.com
We'll see what happens.

Yes it can, if set up correctly. Forwarding the domain and submitting to SE it may actually harm your rankings more than help them though.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
MarkCermak said:
Brian Robison said:
http://www.rosevillecleaner.com
We'll see what happens.

Yes it can, if set up correctly. Forwarding the domain and submitting to SE it may actually harm your rankings more than help them though.

Do tell.

The main problem with domain forwarding is that search engines don't work with it very well. You might choose a very keyword-rich domain name - "CarpetCleaningMentor.com", for example – but this value will be lost if your domain name redirects. This is because, when a search engine spider follows a link and indexes a page, it then traces its route back to Google, Bing, Yahoo! etc. Domain name forwarding is one-way only, so the search engine spider is unable to retrace its steps. Search engines will still index your website via its real domain name, but your forwarded name won't contribute anything to the indexing of your page.

This can also be a problem if you use your forwarded domain name to create incoming links or reciprocal link trades. These links will not increase your page rank or help your website to be indexed, because the search engine spiders cannot "find their way back". If you are using domain forwarding, when you ask people to put links to your website on their own, make sure you give them your website's actual domain name, rather than the forwarding one.

Exerpt from Knowledgebase: Domain Forwarding - Set it up correctly or suffer in Search Engines

[iframe:2sgcvfqy]http://www.andrechelle.com/clients/whmcs/knowledgebase/135/Domain-Forwarding.html[/iframe:2sgcvfqy]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's set up as a 301 permanent direct and was tested with Google to make sure it would work correctly.

But I may just build my own website and use that address.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It was a thought when I bought but I thought I would redirect it to try and utilize it at least for now.

What's the best program for building a website?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom