Why

Name
Ron lippold
So why do we make finding new clients so hard? I think its way easier than most. Give me some reasons. I know there are no silver bullets but with a god shot gun knocking them down is pretty easy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think it depends on location and image.

It's harder to find custy's if you don't do your prep work...like have a well ran, nice looking company.
but if you have that company in the ghetto, then it will make it harder to find quality customers.

Your right Ron, I think maybe we try too many things (myself included) and we don't let one "ad" run long enough to see if it works.

Just some thoughts.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Lippold said:
So why do we make finding new clients so hard? I think its way easier than most. Give me some reasons. I know there are no silver bullets but with a god shot gun knocking them down is pretty easy.

By the way, what makes it easier for you?

Name
Ron lippold
I try to set my week up in mini days. a little goes a long way 15 -20 min of marketing stuff a day is 4-5 hours a week, it's easier to bite it off a little at a time.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Instead of marketing to one customer at a time. I prefer to market to centers of influence. Cross market with other home service businesses and do Joint ventures.

A few phone calls or meeting with the right people can open the flood gates.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hey Ron - I like the concept but have to check you on your math

15-20 min a day = 1.25-1.667 hours in a 5 day week, or 1.75-2.333 hours in a 7 day week :-)

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Ron I can't find any silver bullets, shot gun shells or anything in .25, .32, .380, 9mm,.40 cal or 45 cal. No one has ammo. :oops: .... wait.....oh marketing :roll:

-JB-

Name
JB
Hey Ron - I like the concept but have to check you on your math

15-20 min a day = 1.25-1.667 hours in a 5 day week, or 1.75-2.333 hours in a 7 day week :-)

Freakin savant!

K-Mart, K-Mart definitely K-Mart.
rainman.jpg

Name
Ron lippold
so ken a half hr a day 7 days a week or what ever makes you happy just do a little every day that way you dont get overwhelmed and put it off for next week.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
ken doesn't care how long it takes the marketers just as long as it gets done. That is what he is paying them for

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Why is marketing so hard?
Because it’s something that most guys never really thought about before getting into this business. It’s something that we have to much harder at than the rest of the service sector. It’s something that you can lose big money at if you make mistakes. It’s easier to do once your established, experienced and have a image and name recognition. I went to interlinks customer appreciation day a few weeks ago and there were TM’s lined up around the block. 80% of them did not have any lettering or logo.

I know what to do with marketing I just don’t know how to do it.

Examples:
I need a sharp looking TM that has a warp / lettering. I can’t do much with my van other than a magnet because I sub for 50% of my income. I am having a hard time getting a loan for a 2nd rig.

My web site gets hits but no calls. It needs work, but the software to do it right is expensive and I want creative control so, I will not hire someone.
You see? There are alot of roadblocks. It takes allot of time, money and patience. Once things are in place it might not be so hard.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If anyone has an idea for me saving money web site development or photoshop type software please PM.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ace I have some advice for you.

Save the time and effort and have someone do it. The $500-1000 will pay you back. A website isn't the magic bullet either you have to market that as well. It is a great resource to send you potential customers to.
I got my website advertising moving in late jan and it has paid off
Month Unique visitors Number of visits Pages Hits Bandwidth
Jan 2009 83 . .101. . 294 563 15.38 MB
Feb 2009 119 . .164 . .587 931 22.91 MB
Mar 2009 179 . . 227 . . 480 1022 31.56 MB
Apr 2009 180 . . 265 . . 549 1097 33.58 MB
May 2009 253 . .299. . 563 1338 43.90 MB
Jun 4, 2009 47. . 51 . . 81 226 7.98 MB a

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
In marketing it's consistently that pays off.

Too many cleaners don't get around to taking that first step and than carrying it through on a consistent basis.

Simply hoping that the phone will ring doesn't work.

Get off your butt today and take some action instead of wasting your time on message boards.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Greg, How many jobs has it gotten you? You got ripped off if you paid $500 to $1000. Is all I see is dead links. I could do better with raw HTML. I hope the site you are talking about is not the one on your profile.

Fred, Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom