who has hand painted signage?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I haven't really seen that in a long time now since everything went vinyl. My uncles tow trucks were done in gold metal flakes.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I don't have a close-up, but I have an art teacher/friend that free hand paints all my vans. No vinyl.
ghettoclean1.jpg

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Hand painting trucks is a dying art, When I was a kid I use to go watch a local sign guy hand paint trucks. He had a company called Friendly Signs and I was amazed that all he did was use a colored wax pencil and draw he sketch on a truck and then had paint free hand. With several sign companies around my area all they do is vinyl and one old timer still hand makes neon signs!

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Hand painted is bad a$$! I think better than Vinyl or even wrap. It is a dying breed but history does and will repeat itself.

I have always admired the old fire trucks that are detailed to the max with the custom lettering.

Reactions: cleanimagemarketing

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
My truck was painted by the previous owner of my company. What you see is a portrait of his father with a scrub brush and bucket and a hand painted blue stripe under Carpet Cleaning. The pin striping is also hand painted. The lettering is vinyl.

View attachment 3129

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I think our last hand-painted truck was done in 74. Good quality vinyl (like 3M) is more resistant to scratches from branches than paint and has a lifespan of about 7 years, and of course paint that isn't scratched will last a lot longer than that.

If you like gold, silver or other really high metallic-looks, paint may be better for those details since the mylar used in tapes only lasts a few years before getting dull.

Back
Top Bottom